What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (40 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally completed my Hella 500 driving light install. Took way too long. Had to get my aux fuse panel and battery cables sorted. Once that was done I could get the 500's wired. Got the typical secondary defrost switch and wired them up. Got the switch to backlight when the headlights come on, as well as got the switch indicator light to come on when pressed all while turning the Hellas on and off. Wired them such that the defrost switch activates the Hellas only when the headlights are on, either bright or normal. Super pleased with how it turned out. Little things.

IMG_4418.jpg
IMG_4419.jpg
IMG_4428.jpg
IMG_4432.jpg
IMG_4433.jpg

Loaded up the literal wagon train tonight.
0 miles on the new toy. 82 Honda XR200 dual sport. No key, kickstart, and for the grand total price of $1k.

Also. Always check your tongue weight when adding 250lbs to the back of a single axle trailer... :doh: Almost derailed the whole train withint 3oo yards of the on ramp. That was probably a site to see following me... to make it to my hotel I took backroads and moved some stuff around for more tongue weight. AKA dropping the 37 on the battery box. It was enough to even it all out for 45mph on nice-non bumpy straight roads. Tomorrow things are moving around and the bike is going in the trailer.

20190427_005157.jpg

20190426_230625.jpg

Only had a few mins today amidst all the chores, but replaced the sway bar links and bushings. Almost ready to get it on the road.

Well that’s PAR for U-haul. You sometimes haul and then you get to pay !!!!!!! I got plenty of these stories. Lots of moves over the years. Have U-Haul paid the tire and argue for a refund. In the find print U-Haul is to rent only service able equipment. Hope it all works out for you.
Jason

Well that’s PAR for U-haul. You sometimes haul and then you get to pay !!!!!!! I got plenty of these stories. Lots of moves over the years. Have U-Haul paid the tire and argue for a refund. In the find print U-Haul is to rent only service able equipment. Hope it all works out for you.
Jason
[/QU

Poor maintenance from U-Haul, wasting nearly 2 hours at freeway waiting for their roadside service.
Gentle man from U-Haul roadside service said this trailer shouldn't be in services. As you can see in pics.
Monday, i will call regional office and argue see what they have to say.

KakaoTalk_20190428_113327915.jpg

KakaoTalk_20190428_113111661.jpg

KakaoTalk_20190428_113734624.jpg

KakaoTalk_20190428_113735990.jpg

KakaoTalk_20190428_113737449.jpg

Well that’s PAR for U-haul
@Nitecrawler , I know your pain.
Hauling the 60 from Cali to Colorado in 2012....Same color 60, same quality (POS) U-Haul trailer, same tire results.
No spare, only roadside service (like you) outside Green River UT. It was a miracle we even had cell service.
Must be a business model that works 'cause they're still doing it.
By the way, it didn't cost anything but time and aggravation for me so good luck with the money end of it.

Since I bought the 100 series I have been struggling with the concept of selling the 62. Took them both out for a Sunday drive today on a rare day off from work and other commitments. Got to spend some time with them both for some quality mall cruising to s'bux and of course the place where land cruisers love to roam...the new costco gas station :D

Saying good bye is tougher than I thought it would be.

IMG_20190428_160730.jpg

Got my rig all registered in Texas with appropriate 1984 Texas plates. Such a cool deal to have year of manufacture plates on the truck. Unfortunately doing this was my last link to Massachusetts, is now I’d say I’m an official Texas resident!View attachment 1959768

I am close to you in Richardson. We should get together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom