What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yessir, we have added Kaymar to the Cruiser Brothers line-up. We order monthly so it takes a while, working on on-hand inventory for stock later this year.

Outstanding. So cool. Thanks for this!!! Great to know these are back as an option. Really super cool!!!

Great candidate for a 6BT upgrade

Detroit 6-71 aka "screaming Jimmy". Wind it up and it has a sound like no other.

Equip it with an air starter. Hit the starter when someone walks close by and see how many wet their pants or have a coronary.

When I was a truck stop pump jockey the drivers thought this was great sport.

New Sachs hatch struts from rock auto. Took some dremel work to get the old studs out without bending them. The new ones had the

They were Japanese and original. You don’t realise how solid the hatch is til it hits you in the head.

773215EC-B55D-437E-8766-47CD40833907.jpeg

9C1822E2-4DFB-4E22-B1DB-5DEEA6832397.jpeg

Replaced some rusty bits on a Canadian BJ60

10FD307B-28F5-42AB-9F80-A4D74EF1A27D.jpeg

Did a valve adjustment on a spur of the moment (helps when you have 3 people!)

And changed to Mobil 1 15w50 which is a high zinc synthetic oil specifically rated for flat tappet cams. I’m really happy and as much as I drive this truck, I’d like to get 5,000 miles out of it. Depends on if it starts all leaking out.

Also got to drive my friends sbc fj40 3 speed. It was amazing and it makes me want to really move on ours.

886D8D9F-4761-4B33-A29B-9AE5A6E45C4A.jpeg

106BD5C6-EF55-4190-A3ED-C943130E2780.jpeg

Did a valve adjustment on a spur of the moment (helps when you have 3 people!)

And changed to Mobil 1 15w50 which is a high zinc synthetic oil specifically rated for flat tappet cams. I’m really happy and as much as I drive this truck, I’d like to get 5,000 miles out of it. Depends on if it starts all leaking out.

Also got to drive my friends sbc fj40 3 speed. It was amazing and it makes me want to really move on ours.

View attachment 1884068

View attachment 1884069

I tried 15w50 a few changes ago...went back to rotella only because oil leaks became more prevalent. I had my fingers crossed, but if you don't have leaks, you should be good to go!

I tried 15w50 a few changes ago...went back to rotella only because oil leaks became more prevalent. I had my fingers crossed, but if you don't have leaks, you should be good to go!

The only thing that could leak is the front timing seal. All the rest is new since I just did the h55f. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for reminding me that I still need to do mine....

It made me mad that I didn’t do it sooner. Had to go 300k to finally drive right!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom