What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Took my BJ60 to the tracks for a burp after swapping out the heater core for a new (old) one. Rinsed replacement with 30% muriatic acid and soldered the S&R pipes. Replaced the rear heater pipes with 5/8 heater hose. Great to have heat again.

View attachment 1578897

Need more pics of this rig or a build thread! Looks sweet.

Replaced these old crusty things
Sometimes the small details make a difference.

IMG_1203.JPG

IMG_1205.JPG

I changed my rear lights from just under the tail lights to within the rear bumper.

rear lights with label.jpg

Relocated the oil dipstick to make room for the intercooler pipe. Welded the pipes to get rid of three boots.
dipstick.jpg

Intercooler pipe.jpg

Oh and I replaced the old starter.

578A54ED-0C0C-41B0-BFCA-16D2CB7FFBE8.jpeg
Ok...it’s an 80 that I’m helping my son with. Taking the trans and motor out. Had to get creative on the upper trans bellhousing bolts. They were a PITA. Actually the whole trans was a pain. It’s a 94 and this thing is huge!

View attachment 1580566 Ok...it’s an 80 that I’m helping my son with. Taking the trans and motor out. Had to get creative on the upper trans bellhousing bolts. They were a PITA. Actually the whole trans was a pain. It’s a 94 and this thing is huge!
I had to make one of those once! I cut a short extension in half, and cut some 3/4” steel pipe to the length I needed, and welded the 2 pcs of the extension on the ends. I don’t use it much, but when I need it, it’s golden!

Don't faint everyone - I looked under mine, and there were no leaks. I have been chasing at trans cooler leak for months (at a fitting) and it's now dry after much fiddling around. So is the engine side cover (I recently replaced the gasket - sheer joy) - and so is everything else. I'm sure that in a week, something else will spring a leak. I reinstalled the front splash pan, so that should create a leak right above that spot.

In its defense, this '89 FJ62 has 254K miles and the rear main seal and transmission are dry and have never been replaced or pulled. Gotta like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom