This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorta funny story. We were out shopping this morning and Andrea parked her 80 next to a 100. She jumps out and slides a business card under the wiper and I just laugh... Go into the store and when we are checking out the cell starts ringing. It's the guy in the parking lot with the 100. He said he's about to trade it in for a Prius. Gas mileage is killing him.

So we head out and talk to the guy. 2001 160K miles and he's the 2nd owner. He said the Toyota dealer offered him 3800.00 for trade in. I told him I'd give him 5K cash on Wednesday if he'd bring it to the shop with all the paperwork.

Maybe I'm supposed to have a 100..... HA! we'll see if he shows on Wednesday.

J

So what you are saying is, you are still going to do an SAS with one of those 105 front clips you've got laying around?

So what you are saying is, you are still going to do an SAS with one of those 105 front clips you've got laying around?

I still have another 100 in storage in Spokane. But that's for a FJ160 build.... Possibly a 160 SAS build.

I have a handful of the prototype samples that need to be welded out. I never really got any interest or feedback so I never ordered any for the 100 guys.

J
I want to get one of these for the 100 please. Save 1 or 2 for me?

Sorta funny story. We were out shopping this morning and Andrea parked her 80 next to a 100. She jumps out and slides a business card under the wiper and I just laugh... Go into the store and when we are checking out the cell starts ringing. It's the guy in the parking lot with the 100. He said he's about to trade it in for a Prius. Gas mileage is killing him.

So we head out and talk to the guy. 2001 160K miles and he's the 2nd owner. He said the Toyota dealer offered him 3800.00 for trade in. I told him I'd give him 5K cash on Wednesday if he'd bring it to the shop with all the paperwork.

J
Well hell, thats awesome! The universe works in special ways!! Congrats!

J

I think the Cruiser gods are looking out for this 100. Going from an owner who wants to trade it in for a prius to @reevesci. This 100 hopefully just hit the new owner lottery. I'm also slightly biased because I want you to start selling rear bumpers for the 100! It's meant to be!!

The guy called me and said he ran the 100 back by the dealer and they raised their trade in to 6400.00. I said well good for you, that's the way I'd go for sure and have a nice day! He's tried to call me 5 times since..... IH8LIARS!

No dealer would almost double their offer unless they added the difference to the new loan amount.

That Toyota dealership knew what it was worth all along. That thing wasn't going to auction buying it at $3K, someone back in the shop would buy it before it the ink was even dry on the contract. They just thought they had a rube who didn't know what it was worth. Since he was willing to take a beating on his Cruiser to trade it on a Prius, I'd safely say "rube" is pretty spot on. :)

That Toyota dealership knew what it was worth all along. That thing wasn't going to auction buying it at $3K, someone back in the shop would buy it before it the ink was even dry on the contract. They just thought they had a rube who didn't know what it was worth. Since he was willing to take a beating on his Cruiser to trade it on a Prius, I'd safely say "rube" is pretty spot on. :)

He actually stopped by today and tried to give me the... Well I'd prefer you have it than the dealer jabber... I just said I decided it wasn't meant to be and have a nice day!

I honestly wouldn't have bought it from him for 3k...

Once someone has shown the honor and Integrity or I should the lack of both, they just need to go away.

Andrea said I should have bought it, but it's just the principle of the matter to me. Maybe he'll learn from the deal and take something away from it moving forward. Either way... I'm over it.

J

Andrea said I should have bought it, but it's just the principle of the matter to me. Maybe he'll learn from the deal and take something away from it moving forward. Either way... I'm over it.

J
Hmmm I could probably convince the wife on a second 100 if it's at 3k haha!

New front for @Kmonty66 and Esme

J

IMG_20180726_134204382.jpg

IMG_20180807_110702984.jpg

IMG_20180810_114042675.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom