What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (27 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I replaced the LH & RH turn signal lenses with New OEM lenses (yes, I am missing one screw). It gives it a much cleaner look, IMHO. I think the old lenses were the original ones...very opague. Do not buy the ones from Taiwan off ebay...No comparison with OEM. Don't ask me how I know. lol

View attachment 1575312

Can you a put a picture up of the lower running lights on. How clear is that part of the lens new?

Got after swapping my rear 3rd and ran into this...

spin_prod_887079112

So far my drum is still on going to back off the shoe adjustment and then try some 8mm screw as was suggested to me and see That takes me.

Yep, @4Cruisers is right. The threaded holes at 10 and 4 on the above photo, I forget the thread size/pitch but you use those. I think the technical term might be a "jack bolt".

It takes a pretty long bolt but thread them in evenly going back and forth and it will walk the drum off.

Bought it! And brought it home. I know they'e all special, but this one has a purpose: I bought this as my eldest turns 15 in a few weeks, this will be his first vehicle. Its been mothballed for about 10yrs, so we're going to work on it together and then he'll drive it.
20171121_072813.jpg

Please promise to return those side graphics to their former glory ;)

That looks like a very worthy project and something I also hope
to do for my son in 13 years. What could be cooler? It has all the
style and none of the trouble-inducing horsepower.

Last edited:
Please promise to return those side graphics to their former glory ;) It has all the style and none of the trouble-inducing horsepower.

The plan is to ABSOLUTELY keep the paint, its one of the things I love about it. In fact I need to find away to clear-coat over whats there now to protect it, I love the color scheme, the original graphics and the patina. One of the things I love about the LC is that its not fast, no worries about my boys racing their friends!

...and he'll more keenly appreciate the value of a dollar
if he has to pay for his own gas...another trouble minimizer. :)

My expectation is that my boys (15, 14 & 13) work on it, learn to appreciate and love it and take good care of it because they are invested in it.

I'll actually get a build thread started on it as its got a few quirks that I need to work through.

Nice one Seth!

Greased all the zerks and changed the fuel filter during an oil change. Still don't have the hang of flipping the old filter upright before it spills. Next up is tracking down the leak in the windshield washer reservoir and doing new gear oil.

Friday, I replaced right front marker light, the bulb in the glove box, and the driver side window regulator. Saturday, loaded up the dogs, my 14 yr old son and my lady and headed out east of Moab to the Fins and Things trail. I wanted to see if the transfer case was gonna hold in 4 low. It didn't act up until the middle of a rough climb. I was able to reach over and hold it in until we made it through the rough part. According to MUD, (thanks guys!) it seems my problem is merely a weak spring for the "detent". I ordered both of them that night from Toyota and hope this major problem will be eliminated. My 60 is from Park City and never saw 4 low until I bought her 3 years ago. I had to grab the leaver from the passenger side with my feet firmly planted to get it to engage the first time. I have not yet felt the ball engage the detent. Wondering if it's packed full or dried grease or rust. I'll find out soon.

It has been a long time since I had a cruiser project planned for a weekend...
Chunk has had to do without and with bare minimum for the better part of 5 years.

Finally, I'm about to install this much needed new exhaust. If the missing hardware
for the test pipe gets here in time with Turkey Day and all that.

Man-A-Fre (BTB Las Vegas) FJ60 catback full exhaust and "test pipe" ;)

Bye-Bye cat.
IMG_6719.JPG

the current exhaust is hanging on by a thread...like hold my breath over washboards and try not to move in the seat thread...

Bought it! And brought it home. I know they'e all special, but this one has a purpose: I bought this as my eldest turns 15 in a few weeks, this will be his first vehicle. Its been mothballed for about 10yrs, so we're going to work on it together and then he'll drive it.
View attachment 1578503
Hey this is the eldest son of Seth_O. Im a new member and am looking forward to working on this beauty

Took my BJ60 to the tracks for a burp after swapping out the heater core for a new (old) one. Rinsed replacement with 30% muriatic acid and soldered the S&R pipes. Replaced the rear heater pipes with 5/8 heater hose. Great to have heat again.

IMG_3169.JPG.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom