What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well that is concerning. Glad my BT-45 is still going strong. I have my eyes on a Grom though.
So I checked yesterday mid day, and I had an update. but didn't have time to update it. So I went out to update it around 5... took me about 15 min to get the damn thing working. I'd start the truck, I'd get the Vline screen, then get the home screen but it wouldn't respond... turned the truck off then on 5 times before I finally just unplugged the Vline... but even that didn't work, until I left it unplugged for 2-3min. SUCH A PITA I still haven't permanently mounted the thing because how often I've had to unplug/replug it in. at this rate, it won't ever be permanently mounted... at least not in MY rig

Got it updated, took a good 20 min to download and install... only difference I noticed this AM was that bluetooth was on when I started the truck (always had to turn it on before, though WiFi stayed on) though it still didn't auto connect to my phone.

we'll see how it goes.

I started fabbing up some new RLCA's. I am using 1" Johhny Joints on the frame side and Fixed Johnny Joints on the axle side offset for more articulation and better sliding. The tubing is 1.75" x 0.250" DOM.

IMG_3198.jpg

IMG_3199.jpg

So I checked yesterday mid day, and I had an update. but didn't have time to update it. So I went out to update it around 5... took me about 15 min to get the damn thing working. I'd start the truck, I'd get the Vline screen, then get the home screen but it wouldn't respond... turned the truck off then on 5 times before I finally just unplugged the Vline... but even that didn't work, until I left it unplugged for 2-3min. SUCH A PITA I still haven't permanently mounted the thing because how often I've had to unplug/replug it in. at this rate, it won't ever be permanently mounted... at least not in MY rig

Got it updated, took a good 20 min to download and install... only difference I noticed this AM was that bluetooth was on when I started the truck (always had to turn it on before, though WiFi stayed on) though it still didn't auto connect to my phone.

we'll see how it goes.

sounds like it needs to be sent back or one of the cables is damaged. I installed mine two weeks ago went on a trip and I only had one time it froze up. Still not sure why but a quick restart at a light and it worked again and haven’t had any issues.

my only gripe has been that if you go to reverse it defaults back to the factory back and you have to hit the disc/aux button to bring back CarPlay but it’s a minor issue really.
CarPlay is so nice to have. Oh ok another complaint it that Siri struggles with listening if I’m stopped it works but on the move the mic is picking up too much distortion. I will play with the mic gain and see if I can get it better.

sounds like it needs to be sent back or one of the cables is damaged. I installed mine two weeks ago went on a trip and I only had one time it froze up. Still not sure why but a quick restart at a light and it worked again and haven’t had any issues.

my only gripe has been that if you go to reverse it defaults back to the factory back and you have to hit the disc/aux button to bring back CarPlay but it’s a minor issue really.
CarPlay is so nice to have. Oh ok another complaint it that Siri struggles with listening if I’m stopped it works but on the move the mic is picking up too much distortion. I will play with the mic gain and see if I can get it better.
yeah, this am it froze again, and even unplugging it didn't work. I'd meant to give them a call today but got busy and it slipped my mind. gonna do that now.

EDIT: apparently I can only send an e-mail. but we'll see. I might try factory reset and installing updates tonight... just annoying because I can't just take the unit in and plug it into my computer, and update... I've got to do it through my truck, and either burn gas or kill the battery...

Last edited:
yeah, this am it froze again, and even unplugging it didn't work. I'd meant to give them a call today but got busy and it slipped my mind. gonna do that now.

EDIT: apparently I can only send an e-mail. but we'll see. I might try factory reset and installing updates tonight... just annoying because I can't just take the unit in and plug it into my computer, and update... I've got to do it through my truck, and either burn gas or kill the battery...

I ended up sending mine back last week. I had patience for about 3 days. They responded with updated, etc but it looked worse than my factory screen, it flickered, and it was just a cluster. I asked for a full refund...hopefully I get it.

I am organizing a group buy for the Beat Sonic harnesses that allow you to hook up any 1 din aftermarket. Stay tuned. I will post it on Mud and GXOR FB.

I ended up sending mine back last week. I had patience for about 3 days. They responded with updated, etc but it looked worse than my factory screen, it flickered, and it was just a cluster. I asked for a full refund...hopefully I get it.

I am organizing a group buy for the Beat Sonic harnesses that allow you to hook up any 1 din aftermarket. Stay tuned. I will post it on Mud and GXOR FB.

Nice. I'm still very happy with my Beat Sonic harness!

Yep steering adapter as well. Works great... I'm tempted to switch to a pop-out screen single-din unit but just haven't had funds for it. Been using this setup for almost 2 years now.

Very cool. I’m definitely doing this.

did you install it yourself? If so,you might be able to help here with the steering wheel control install.

I'm not really interested in any 1din aftermarkets though. if I did any normal aftermarket it's going to be a 2din with HVAC swap (just can't seem to find any... and not yet willing to pay lexus for it directly) I appreciate the offer, and you organizing the GB though.

I'm not really interested in any 1din aftermarkets though. if I did any normal aftermarket it's going to be a 2din with HVAC swap (just can't seem to find any... and not yet willing to pay lexus for it directly) I appreciate the offer, and you organizing the GB though.

No worries. I’m going to do a 1 din with 9” screen I think.

Dropped mine off for some upgrades while I work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom