Single DINN - Alpine iLX-F309 HALO9 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

With the Beat Sonic group buy they said they will include some other piece of the steering wheel controls are bought that would make it plug and play? I am not sure. I will be posting the info tonight for the group buy here and on GXOR FB.

Oh yeah? I didn’t see that. The only steering wheel interfaces I’m aware of are by Axxess and PAC. Please let us know what you hear.

“ASWC-1 and 70-8114 for a 100% plug and play install.”

That is what they told me.....

Yup that’s what I have (Axxess). Though I don’t see it plug and play. I will dig in again, I went to a car audio shop and they said sometimes you have to tie in to individual wires on the Lexus harness. I am not seeing any harnesses that will connect up. They are of different sizes/pins. There’s a 20-pin Lexus harness/connector and on that you’re supposed to tie in to pin 6,7,8. The 70-8114 kit has a black/green, a green/orange, and positive/ground connections. Also the 7.5mm headphone style jack that connects to the head unit/Alpine. They always say not to touch the harnesses but I don’t see any other way! If you come across anything let me know.

I emailed them. As soon as I have an answer I will let you know.
I guess my next question would be....why would anyone do the Phoenix head units with all of the issues when you could do something like this....might cost a little more, but not a ton more.

Appreciate it! On the Axxess website, the install info for the GX says to connect to pins 6,7,8.... I considered the phoenix/Tesla style head units but I just don’t trust Android and they’re made in China. I was just concerned with long term quality and functionality. Also, the expansion is limited; If you want to add amp(s), siriusXM, cameras, processors, etc. perhaps some of that can be done (SiriusXM app) but I wanted something I know, and Alpine, like Apple products just work and they work well! The Tesla style is very cool, clean look! I got my Alpine for about the same price... I guess it’s what you want!

Does the Alpine have a microSD slot? Just wondering about expansion options.

Where would offline maps download to?

Here is a video....around the 4 minute mark he mentions a separate harness maybe? Looks like there are 3 wires to splice for the steering wheel control and he chassis grounded it as well.

Yup I got the same harness but looks like still have to tie in to the Toyota harness. At about the 9:24 mark he shows it and on the 20-pin harness it appears to be tapped into pin-6,7,8. I think I will order up some posi taps. In the coming days I’ll pull it apart and try and get it going. See if I can’t get some pics. I’ve heard that the wire colors vary but that it is pin 6,7,8. Thanks for the video!

Okay, finally got my posi-taps, tore it apart (hopefully for the last time) and got it sorted. I had two 20-pin connectors but was quickly able to decipher and find the correct harness (see pictures). I was able to isolate the wires and between beat sonic and Axxess install instructions I was able to figure it out. Red to Positive; Ground (Black) to pin-6 (White); TX+ (Lime Green/Orange) to Pin-7 (lime green/red); TX- (Black/Green) to Pin-8 (pink/black). Lots of info out there and appreciate everyone that chimed in. This wire for wire connection with colors was what I was trying to find. Maybe this will help someone else in the future with the wiring.

24D7EAC0-CAF1-4835-B3E5-A60465E3122C.jpeg

3AE79A47-258B-42AE-ACD9-94F58F958E13.jpeg

Also the bluetooth buttons trigger Siri when running Apple CarPlay with this deck (Connected by usb). deck works great wireless/Bluetooth as well for calls. call button appears to only work when phone is connected via usb but will check this further.

I am going to switch gears on head unit. I would love to get the Alpine, but only having one usb in the back (which my phone would be attached to constantly for Apple Play) and not having a microSD or some type of expansion is a deal killer for me. The Sony has horrible options....so I might end up going with a flip out screen with Apple Play that has some video ins/outs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom