What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_0916.JPG
IMG_0917.JPG
IMG_0921.JPG

Got some karma payback for pranking my jeep buddy with the free bj's sticker after a fun high desert off roading weekend...tranny let go at 205K miles on the clock. 3-4K for a total rebuild of the A750F, hopefully it will last another 100K miles!

Are you going to upgrade the valve body while you are at it?

I have both: higher pressures per gear and changes shift points for more rpms per gear.

TCC allows you to lockup the torque converter and run direct from the engine vs ATF. drastically reduces temps and wear at highway speeds (and increases gas mileage). Don't want to use it at low speeds as you will stall.

What exactly does this do, and the TC lockout mod? 🤔

The Nomad kit (made by Wholesale Auto Transmissions out of Australia) is REALLY well respected. I had researched it extensively years ago when I still had my '92 80 but didn't pulled the trigger (I was already beginning the "should I start over and get a GX" discussions with myself).

Just my $.02 here but if I reload and fire the "money cannon" at my GX again any time soon, this is near the top of my list.

The Nomad kit (made by Wholesale Auto Transmissions out of Australia) is REALLY well respected. I had researched it extensively years ago when I still had my '92 80 but didn't pulled the trigger (I was already beginning the "should I start over and get a GX" discussions with myself).

Just my $.02 here but if I reload and fire the "money cannon" at my GX again any time soon, this is near the top of my list.
I love mine. Been in since last summer

did you do that to the uni-brow on the back and the headlight bezels?
Unibrow in back yes. My GX had brand new OEM Sport headlights on them. They are lightly smoked so I am not touching them.

What kind of prep work did you do before you applied the paint? I don't hate the chrome on my GX, but I have given thought to painting some (most) of it just to tone it down some.
A good scuffing of the chrome to get some adherence of a good bonding primer. Layers of paint, some sanding in between coats, and then a clear enamel finish coat.

Did you have to remove the interior door panels to get these off?
These are covers for the door handles. They were cheap. If this doesn't work my only choice is to remove the handles and paint them. And yes that would be a pain as the handles come off from the inside.

I finally installed them today.
20191206_160534.jpg
20191206_160514.jpg

I'm not overly impressed with the Grom. I have to turn on the blue tooth every time I turn on the rig (randomly it'll already be on... but it's like 1/100 times) I've had three times in the last two months where it froze, and required me turning the truck off for 3 or 4 min before it would respond. (even unplugging it didn't fix it).

anxiously looking for some HVAC controls as I'm not 100% sure about the tesla screen (if there was someone close that had one that i could check out, that'd be different)
Well that is concerning. Glad my BT-45 is still going strong. I have my eyes on a Grom though.

I installed the H11 Diode Dynamics SL1 LED bulbs in my low beams. They were on sale for Black Friday and claimed to be designed specifically for halogen projector housings. I don't have any photos, but the cutoff is nearly identical to the halogen bulbs, but the hot spot is wider and the light output is probably three times as much as stock. It is an amazing improvement, and I'd recommend it to anyone considering LED bulbs.

If you have clear headlights LEDs are a big improvement. Mine have been in for a long time (I am running a discontinued LED) and it has been great in new OEM housings. I will remember this if I need to replace them.

I installed the H11 Diode Dynamics SL1 LED bulbs in my low beams. They were on sale for Black Friday and claimed to be designed specifically for halogen projector housings. I don't have any photos, but the cutoff is nearly identical to the halogen bulbs, but the hot spot is wider and the light output is probably three times as much as stock. It is an amazing improvement, and I'd recommend it to anyone considering LED bulbs.
Stock and rt only with the different LEDs in have in hand
If you have clear headlights LEDs are a big improvement. Mine have been in for a long time (I am running a discontinued LED) and it has been great in new OEM housings. I will remember this if I need to replace them.

This is good anecdote... I'd read halogen projectors can often perform more poorly with LED swaps whereas multi beam reflector housings are often better. Therein again is LED design at work as we know mot all LEDs are designed equally.

What Color temp are you guys running? I have some 6,000 and 6,500 H11s my bro in law gave me. I finally tested them, not the biggest fan of.their.color but other 6500 actually has a better light spread.

It's up to the boss's eye comfort though, ultimately.... She's not.of a fan of most LEDs, she says a lot of them flicker to her.
If you don't have clear headlights, you easily and quickly can! 👍

Last edited:
I run 6500k 6000L per in mine. Got them in 16 and they have been great in new OEM housings. The cutoff is great and the brightness is impressive, even now. They don't make the ones I got anymore (BPS G8s). My son's 4th Gen has Vouke and ExtremeVision LEDs in his and they are quite good as well (cutoff isn't as refined).

I run 6500k 6000L per in mine. Got them in 16 and they have been great in new OEM housings. The cutoff is great and the brightness is impressive, even now. They don't make the ones I got anymore (BPS G8s). My son's 4th Gen has Vouke and ExtremeVision LEDs in his and they are quite good as well (cutoff isn't as refined).
I still need to find a good LED replacement for the high beams. I have HID in both low and high. HID's are awesome for the low but they are not good for flashing in the high beams.

I've been running LED headlights in some of my other vehicles with reflector lenses for several years now, but this is the first time I've had any real success with LEDs in projector housings. The SL1 is stated as having a 6000K color temperature, but compared to some of the other LED bulbs I've run in the that had the same rating, it feels closer to 5000K, which for me is ideal.

We went from city living to country living recently, so I have another set of LED bulbs coming in the mail for my wife's minivan. I intentionally got two sets designed for projector housing from two different manufacturers so that I can decide what I want to go with for high beams on both. My wife thinks these bulbs are silly expensive, but when that Pacific ocean fog rolls in thick, the money spent becomes well worth it. Now I just wish I could figure out a good solution for the fogs....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom