What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I finally decided to replace my window belt moldings. The old ones had no rubber left and when it rains or I wash the car, the water would just run straight into the door. When I changed my door speakers, I put plastic tarp material over the backs to protect them while i figured out how to replace the window trim.
I went out on a limb and I replaced the 4 trim pieces with the cheapest set I could find. I just wanted to stop getting water into my doors. I bought the set for $38 on amazon, and while it doesnt look stellar if you examine it, its pretty good from 3 feet away, and excellent from 10 feet away haha. I also plasti-dipped my quarter window trim to match. Definitely not Lexus/toyota quality parts, but the material seems very good, but the fit was a bit off (maybe meant for the Prado 120).

I did have to trim the clip off of both rear window moldings, the last clip didnt want to seat properly and pushed the end of the molding away from the body a bit.

SCIaV6h.jpg

^ Just noticed the funny reflection in this pic. I was like "Thats really spooky that there is a person floating in a white gown in that reflection." Apparently the curved surface really shortened my legs and lengthened my body/white t-shirt!

9tDZeDQ.jpg
wYsCQow.jpg

As you can see, it looks pretty good unless you look down its length, and then it looks a bit shabby. But considering the original trim would have cost around $200, I am satisfied with the cheap stuff that was 1/5th the cost.

Last edited:
I finally decided to replace my window belt moldings. The old ones had no rubber left and when it rains or I wash the car, the water would just run straight into the door. When I changed my door speakers, I put plastic tarp material over the backs to protect them while i figured out how to replace the window trim.
I went out on a limb and I replaced the 4 trim pieces with the cheapest set I could find. I just wanted to stop getting water into my doors. I bought the set for $38 on amazon, and while it doesnt look stellar if you examine it, its pretty good from 3 feet away, and excellent from 10 feet away haha. I also plasti-dipped my quarter window trim to match. Definitely not Lexus/toyota quality parts, but the material seems very good, but the fit was a bit off (maybe meant for the Prado 120).

I did have to trim the clip off of both rear window moldings, the last clip didnt want to seat properly and pushed the end of the molding away from the body a bit.

SCIaV6h.jpg

9tDZeDQ.jpg
wYsCQow.jpg

As you can see, it looks pretty good unless you look down its length, and then it looks a bit shabby. But considering the original trim would have cost around $200, I am satisfied with the cheap stuff that was 1/5th the cost.
perfectly adequate. 👍
looks good and if it keeps the water out, you've accomplished the goal.

Short answer, yes. Can it do the front side of Daniel with the ledges?? Probably not without a few scars. I have a video of me going back down with the group and you will see a grey Jeep. It is a rental, yes, a rental with highway tires. The driver can drive, but it is a factory basic Wrangler. Down Daniel

Short answer, yes. Can it do the front side of Daniel with the ledges?? Probably not without a few scars. I have a video of me going back down with the group and you will see a grey Jeep. It is a rental, yes, a rental with highway tires. The driver can drive, but it is a factory basic Wrangler. Down Daniel
Any outside shots or videos of the obstAcles in question? I definitely don't know that terrain or trail, And wide angle really takes away the feelimg from the seat, but I didn't see anything in that video I wouldn't take GX on. I mean, take the running boards off of course, but otherwise... 🤘

I wouldn't take a stock GX (or stock of much of anything) on Daniel. Can it be done? Sure. Stack some rocks, etc. I wouldn't do it with my rig (rental....SEEEEEND ITTTT!)

Any outside shots or videos of the obstAcles in question?
Unfortunately, no. I bought an action camera but I didnt get it setup for this trip. Sorry :( I am going again in December, this time for a day trip.. I will do a better job capturing it.

I have always had sliders, and I definitely recommend them. I don't know how well/if they would survive some of the trails.

Last edited:
Any outside shots or videos of the obstAcles in question? I definitely don't know that terrain or trail, And wide angle really takes away the feelimg from the seat, but I didn't see anything in that video I wouldn't take GX on. I mean, take the running boards off of course, but otherwise... 🤘
I live about 6 hours from that park. I have been twice. It is a long way to go for not much trail compared to where you live.

Went out to China Wall with my local Land Cruiser club.

Great guys and great times.

IMG_4013.JPG

IMG_4019.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom