What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How much of a pain was this? Mine has been stuck since I bought it two years ago and I dont feel like breaking any interior pieces in the process..........

Hey, sorry for the delayed reply!

Super easy to disassemble everything and unjam the console doors. I think I spent an hour the first time because I'd never removed the trim, and didn't know what I was doing with the console box. Could probably do it all in 20 minutes if something gets stuck in there again.

There's 4 bolts and 2 screws you have to remove to get the console out. The process is (basically)
  1. Remove the two trim panels along the side of the center console.
  2. Remove the knobs on the gear shift and hi-lo shift.
  3. Unzip the boot jacket on the shifter and parking brake.
  4. Pop up the center console face plate (be gentle with this, and start from the back, popping the tabs loose until you get to the front.
  5. Lift the plate up off over the parking brake and shifters, taking care to unplug the cable connected to the plate.
  6. There's two bolts connected to the console. Remove them.
  7. There's two bolts in the console box, under the rubber mat. Remove them.
  8. There's a screw on each side of the console. Remove them.
  9. Pop the AC control panel off the back of the console, and unplug the cables connected to it.
  10. At this point the console slides out.
  11. Remove the box from the console. You might be able to gently shake the box to get whatever is blocking the doors to fall out (I couldn't). If not, go to the next step.
  12. There's a bunch of tiny screws that hold the doors onto the console box. You can remove these, and the doors will come off. Just remove whatever is jamming them, and re-assemble.
I threw college football on my phone, and knocked it out over the first half of the OSU Wisconsin game. Wasn't too bad at all.

Back in August I installed a Come-Up winch:
5A261216-42F5-4DC9-B57A-755609632A71.jpeg
4B1A9471-D8F7-4D38-A12F-29EEE4767D41.jpeg

hanging out at toytec doing my details, I watched them install a few winches. I’d never done it or used a winch and thought my install went well (did it myself). They unwind the whole thing and attach it to their forklift then winch the forklift across the shop to re wind the winch cable under tension. I finally did that today using my other gx in neutral with e brake on one click.
F2B6D1DD-7AF2-4EE1-8AC1-3A6EBFE20B76.jpeg

not sure it’s totally necessary but they told me it was best practice so I did it figuring it couldn’t really hurt anything. And it tested the winch.....

It is a good idea. Stretches the rope so more fits and you don’t have any slack in the line when you have to winch the first time

I installed the MetalTech extended rear brake hoses. The stock hoses are 13" and the MT's are 17". One hose coils nicely and the other seems to contact something no matter how I tried to orient it, usually it touched the fuel tank or fuel filler. I wonder if 15" would be the sweet spot for a mild lift (~2" rear lift)?

While bleeding the rear brakes, I experienced something strange. With the key on ACC the right side bled like normal, no issues. the left side would not push fluid out no matter what we did. Then, my brother moved the key to ON and it cycled a good bit of fluid quickly and he said the pedal pushed back while it was occurring. I took it for a test drive and the pedal is nice and firm, as it should be. It seemed strange to me but it seems to be okay.
IMG_3126x.jpg
IMG_3124x.jpg

Super easy to disassemble everything and unjam the console doors. I think I spent an hour the first time because I'd never removed the trim, and didn't know what I was doing with the console box. Could probably do it all in 20 minutes if something gets stuck in there again.

There's 4 bolts and 2 screws you have to remove to get the console out. The process is (basically)
  4. Pop up the center console face plate (be gentle with this, and start from the back, popping the tabs loose until you get to the front.
  5. Lift the plate up off over the parking brake and shifters, taking care to unplug the cable connected to the plate.
  9. Pop the AC control panel off the back of the console, and unplug the cables connected to it.
  11. Remove the box from the console. You might be able to gently shake the box to get whatever is blocking the doors to fall out (I couldn't). If not, go to the next step.
  12. There's a bunch of tiny screws that hold the doors onto the console box. You can remove these, and the doors will come off. Just remove whatever is jamming them, and re-assemble.
I threw college football on my phone, and knocked it out over the first half of the OSU Wisconsin game. Wasn't too bad at all.
When you're in there.. change the bulb so the light in the console works. 👍

Repaired the speaker foam today in my 2004 with ml and nav. Both front 6x9 and the sub. Old foam was cracked and missing on all three speakers. Nice to have the stereo working properly again. Interested in adding a Bluetooth setup and I’ve seen a few different options. The grom, vaistech, usa spec bt45... is there a consensus as to which one seems to work the best? I have the nav and ml as well as the factory rear seat dvd (which isn’t currently working, nor do I have the remote for it).

I put the trailer away and covered it. Time to shut down the circuits and store the GX. Getting ready to go to SEMA on Tuesday!

Thanks for the info!

I put the trailer away and covered it. Time to shut down the circuits and store the GX. Getting ready to go to SEMA on Tuesday!
Wait, what?
"Store the GX?"

I does not understand.
😂😆

It’s going to chill while I fly. Easy button to Vegas

All of the other stock switches fit. I was able to get back the rheostat as I'd abandoned that one inside the dash to use that spot for a light bar. And now the bezel holes are too small for the light bar switches I have, so I need to figure out something else here- not running a light bar at the moment so nbd. And on the old bezel I mangled that opening larger to cram that light bar switch in there... I also lost another small toggle switch too in the transition which I'd snuck in next to the mirror control on the old bezel... but those are just bumper lights so again not a huge deal.. just two things I need to figure out.

Anyone know what switch fits the smaller hole on the top of the bezel?

hooking up the new..
View attachment 2106021
light bar swith doesn't fit
View attachment 2106022
My old bumper light switch
View attachment 2106023View attachment 2106024
New bezel installed
View attachment 2106025
The square type toyota switches fit in that slot or it can be used for a voltage display that fits that same sized slot. Any 1.28"x0.87"(32.5mm X 22 mm) toyota switch or volt meter fits there.

Last edited:
Sprayed on a fresh coating of Fluid Film mixed with Wool Wax to fend off the rust demons. This is what it looked like prior to the fresh coat, dirty but no rust. Not bad for four rust belt winters.

3858356F-B635-48E0-9B52-06CB68F067D5.jpeg

Got a cheap paint job from maaco. Urethane. I helped with the prep work. Had rust on the hood and dents all around. It was looking rough and I didn’t want to put my rack and rtt on that’s been waiting around for sometime now only to decide later to do it and then pull all of that back off. so I figured I would pull the trigger. Ya get what you pay for with paint. But I’m impressed honestly and it would do it again
5CD3DDE0-9F4D-4B1E-B296-4E4FDF6009E6.jpeg

Got a cheap paint job from maaco. Urethane. I helped with the prep work. Had rust on the hood and dents all around. It was looking rough and I didn’t want to put my rack and rtt on that’s been waiting around for sometime now only to decide later to do it and then pull all of that back off. so I figured I would pull the trigger. Ya get what you pay for with paint. But I’m impressed honestly and it would do it againView attachment 2126224
Looks sweet!

That looks pretty good! Did they overspray everything? I had them shoot my Camaro many years ago, it looked decent, but there was overspray everywhere. My GX paint is fading bad and the clear coat is starting to peel, I have a feeling I will be doing something similar in the future.

Got a cheap paint job from maaco. Urethane. I helped with the prep work. Had rust on the hood and dents all around. It was looking rough and I didn’t want to put my rack and rtt on that’s been waiting around for sometime now only to decide later to do it and then pull all of that back off. so I figured I would pull the trigger. Ya get what you pay for with paint. But I’m impressed honestly and it would do it againView attachment 2126224

That actually looks really good! Love the color choice

We have had our GX470 for a few months and decided to join some other families on a White Rim bike trip this past weekend. I drove the whole thing with two one-year-olds in the back. The babies did really well and the truck was great for the first half...

A little past 50 miles into the 100 mile trip, one of my airbags blew out with a loud pop and then the other promptly deflated as well. We managed to limp out and back home late last night, and I have the OME kit ordered as of this morning.

They actually
That looks pretty good! Did they overspray everything? I had them shoot my Camaro many years ago, it looked decent, but there was overspray everywhere. My GX paint is fading bad and the clear coat is starting to peel, I have a feeling I will be doing something similar in the future.
they actually didn’t. They is a couple small spot where you can see dust or debris that was caught but other than that not really. Actually they overspray onto where the engine cover meets the bumper (plastic radiator area cover). I ended up taking it off to repaint it black anyways when I painted the block cover. I would do it just shop around for a reputable location and remove the trim pieces yourself. Especially the window trim. It pretty simple one screw on each door. I paid 800 bucks and that includes them pulling all the dents and completely stripping the hood. Oh yeah also I scratched the hell out of the side putting the rack on and they touched it up for free. I’m very happy with the results

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom