What did you do on your 70 series today? (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello,

I am late to the party.

Normally, you just depress the clutch pedal, shift to H4 then pull gently. A click tells you that you are in N. Keep the pull and move the lever, gently. Another click confirms you are in L4.

It is safe to say that the PO seldom, if ever, drove in 4WD. The PO did not clean the drive train either.

If the lever is hard to move, then the links need lubrication. Your photos show dirt on them. Brush it away, apply some WD-40 and let it penetrate for a while. Then try again.

Once the lever shifts properly, apply more lubricant on the links.

Hope this helps.

Juan
I am even later to the party... on my VZ pile of bolts, I had to just pull down as hard as possible to pop it in low. Pushed out easy... I was told to not be shy!

OEM- along with mostly new internals

IMG_2982.jpeg

73325864931__678B4440-C0AC-4571-8F81-316E61EF2582.jpeg

Looks Ike it has some nice, big drain holes in the lower panels to help with drying it out
I cut that one in there so the risk of contracting the hanta virus is lower when I start on the repair 🤣

This is the “jadebean” troopy , frame rails where packed with red mud so that was the first thing to get rid off , interior panels where stuffed with it to and all drain holes plugged up .

I cut that one in there so the risk of contracting the hanta virus is lower when I start on the repair 🤣

This is the “jadebean” troopy , frame rails where packed with red mud so that was the first thing to get rid off , interior panels where stuffed with it to and all drain holes plugged up .
It's in good hands!

that better be a toyota forklift 😁

that better be a toyota forklift 😁
It is , used to have a 6 ton toyota diesel forklift but got tired of getting that heavy thing stuck in the gravel so I bought this 2 ton on propane , best purchase ever

Had the muffler man fix my exhaust on frame rail rattle and add a free flow muffler today. iPhone decibel app recorded 88 max on the way there... 70 max on the way home. Should set off fewer car alarms and have less pissed off neighbors now.

IMG_9909.JPG

IMG_9910.JPG

Talked a local Ace Hardware into cutting me a new key with my supplied blank, never really cared for the GM key it came with :rolleyes:
IMG_20240329_152402260.jpg

Had the muffler man fix my exhaust on frame rail rattle and add a free flow muffler today. iPhone decibel app recorded 88 max on the way there... 70 max on the way home. Should set off fewer car alarms and have less pissed off neighbors now.

View attachment 3594227

View attachment 3594228
Side exit? Ooooh that looks good! Did you get any more shots? Would love to see from offside... What diameter did you go with?

At last I found 24 volt instrument cluster with tachometer and differential lock indicator. The shell had a few damages, broken fasteners etc. so it needed some fixing.

picture.php

The original has too few gauges..

picture.php

So I disassembled a broken LJ70 instrument cluster and used bits from that, with small changes the LJ70 shell works well.

picture.php

picture.php

..and reassembly with new glass. The 12H-T bellhousing has a HJ61 tach sender, believe it will work with tachometer. BJ75 has wiring for the tachometer ready in the harness.

I hope everything works when I get to test it...

picture.php

At last I found 24 volt instrument cluster with tachometer and differential lock indicator. The shell had a few damages, broken fasteners etc. so it needed some fixing.

picture.php

The original has too few gauges..

picture.php

So I disassembled a broken LJ70 instrument cluster and used bits from that, with small changes the LJ70 shell works well.

picture.php

picture.php

..and reassembly with new glass. The 12H-T bellhousing has a HJ61 tach sender, believe it will work with tachometer. BJ75 has wiring for the tachometer ready in the harness.

I hope everything works when I get to test it...

picture.php

What was the work required for getting those gauges to work?

What was the work required for getting those gauges to work?
I don't know for sure because I haven't installed it yet, but it should be quite easy.. Two wire harness connectors behind the instrument cluster are the same in both, the original and the new instrument cluster, so that should not be a problem. For oil pressure gauge the sender must be changed to different type, currently it is on/off-type switch. I'll know more in a week maybe, when I get to install the cluster to my troopy..

I'd be happy to hear if anyone has experience with this.

With the current USD / AUD exchange rate it was a good time to place an order. These skid plates will come in handy on my weekly trip to Walmart. 😊
** Photo courtesy of Odd Iron Off Road
IMG_5540.jpeg
IMG_5539.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom