What did you do on your 70 series today? (22 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I never even looked at mine and it was sold with the Cruiser. 😊
C4461DF2-18E7-4227-AA8D-7CDA08E3023B.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow, I just stumbled upon this thread. 508 pages deep. I work on my HZJ77 often, so I'll start chiming in here.

I got tired of looking at my drivers seat every morning. The cover was destroyed, and the cushion was always flaking chunks all over the floor. Additionally. the RH side of the cushion didn't really even exist any more. It was just mush under there.

@FJ73Texas told me about a mint HZJ77 ZX passenger seat on Yahoo Auctions. So I went to take a look around. All the drivers seats were absolutely obliterated. But the passenger seats looked mint. So I ordered one and had it shipped over from Japan. It came a few days ago. My first attempt was to install the passenger seat on the drivers side. That didn't work at all. Not only were the controls on the wrong side, but the seats are actually offset a bit making the issue double bad. But it was worth a shot and only took 3min to test out.

So I yanked it out and started swapping parts. I moved the cushions and seat covers over. Both required slight modifications but ended up fitting really nicely. I haven't used interior hog rings since high school. In retrospect, I would actually use zip ties in place of hog rings next time. The zip ties don't look as "professional," but they are way easier to use.

All in all it really turned out well swapping a passenger seat cushions and cover over to the driver side. They look brand new and feel fantastic.

That really looks like a brand new drivers seat to be honest. You let the cat out of the bag now and I see all ZX passenger seats starting to disappear from classifieds and auctions.

I had some light reading printed in preparation for the 1995 FZJ75 I have purchased and am arranging shipping for. Hoping she's here by mid March!

910B5DDE-771A-4807-8D42-9484DCD09149.jpeg

0F6EB538-1212-4D16-9BFA-63FF928C2212.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello,

That dreadful time of the year... Registration renewal.

This year the inspection contractor had a problem with the local DMV, which caused a six-month delay with inspections and renewals. As a result, I am still waiting for the current registration documents. Any DMV is hell on earth.

In the meantime, this little guy has been visiting my garden.

20221124_43 4.jpg

20221124_43 3.jpg

Today he flew around Purebred while collecting nest material.

20221124_43 1.jpg

20221124_43 2.jpg

This little guy brought me memories from someone gone but not forgotten.

I know. Not exactly tech, but I wanted to share anyway.

Juan

Hello,

That dreadful time of the year... Registration renewal.

This year the inspection contractor had a problem with the local DMV, which caused a six-month delay with inspections and renewals. As a result, I am still waiting for the current registration documents. Any DMV is hell on earth.

In the meantime, this little guy has been visiting my garden.

View attachment 3177270

View attachment 3177272
Today he flew around Purebred while collecting nest material.

View attachment 3177273

View attachment 3177274

This little guy brought me memories from someone gone but not forgotten.

I know. Not exactly tech, but I wanted to share anyway.

Juan
6 month delay to renew?? Where do you live?

6 month delay to renew?? Where do you live?
Hello,

Long story short, the local DMV requires vehicle inspection prior to registration renewal. They outsource inspections to a third-party company.

Earlier this year, the contract expired and the DMV and their contractor could not settle on an extension. It took most of the year to launch a tender and award an inspection contract to another company. In the meantime, users had to wait six months to book an inspection appointment.

Therefore, this year's registration renewal had a six-month delay because of this inspection contract problem.

Juan

My truck came with an old 12V Radio, hooked to one battery. I installed a 24V-12V step-down converter back then, but it failed now.
So I got myself a modern radio rated '9 to 24V, fits most vehicles' in a Black Friday deal.
Emphasis is on 'most' and '24V'.
All fine when stationary, but once moving and reving-up (and the alternator brings up the system over ~27V), that thing shuts itself down. On the next traffic stop, it comes on again. What a stupid engineering...
Send back, get another brand...
Cheers Ralf

This isn’t as much as “What did you do to your 70 Series today” as it is “What did you put in your 70 Series today”. ☹️
77C0308B-42E0-43DC-84E9-29E37D1937BB.jpeg

Last filling station I visited, the pump shut off at $100 and my tank wasn't full yet...had to shut it off, re-insert card to top it off.

Last filling station I visited, the pump shut off at $100 and my tank wasn't full yet...had to shut it off, re-insert card to top it off.
That was the case at this station a couple of months ago but not today.

I think that has to do with the hold it places on your credit card. Maybe it was set at $100 per transaction.

This isn’t as much as “What did you do to your 70 Series today” as it is “What did you put in your 70 Series today”. ☹️View attachment 3180042
You got off easy. Here on Big island of Hawaii gasoline at the pump is $5. I’ve noticed that Diesel is going for $6.55.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom