What did you do on your 70 series today? (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got tired of trying to get the e-pump on my 2lte to work the way I wanted and switched to a 3l mechanical pump
and 1kzt Injectors. Wow what a difference. Everything about the way it runs is better. Starts better, cold idles better,
runs smoother and quieter and has lot more diesel like bottom end torque, and lots more driving down the road authority.
its a non compensated pump so I get a puff of black smoke on take off but the turbo spools up so quick its not much smokier than with the e-pump. And wow the low end torque is great.

117715F8-7123-4010-89A2-F3012B2F6474.jpeg

BE058115-9CCD-4E90-9F2D-481FC26A96D9.jpeg

Just posted this unmolested unit up for sale.
At least someone else can have one now, and why do i need two anyways......seems like greedy hoarding almost

IMG_20210719_204817_01[1].jpg

Added some cup holders (and a 6.5" Tuffy console). Was debating where to put my radio and came up with this for now. Thanks to @jfrench and @2fpower for the ideas on how to mount the console. I stole a little from both and came up with this. Bent the e-brake handle mounts a few degrees and put the cup holders on the front sideways.

1668717385014.png

I also added a little note to the poor souls behind me in traffic who might not know about the powerhouse that is the Toyota 3bii...

1668729287837.png

Last edited:
Added some cup holders (and a 6.5" Tuffy console). Was debating where to put my radio and came up with this for now. Thanks to @jfrench and @2fpower for the ideas on how to mount it. I stole a little from both and came up with this. Bent the e-brake handle mounts a few degrees and put the cup holders on the front sideways.

View attachment 3170772
Always wondered if this would work. Nice.

Hello,

New carpet? Removing the carpet for a wash and checking for rust in the meantime? Sound proofing?

Juan

Wow, I just stumbled upon this thread. 508 pages deep. I work on my HZJ77 often, so I'll start chiming in here.

I got tired of looking at my drivers seat every morning. The cover was destroyed, and the cushion was always flaking chunks all over the floor. Additionally. the RH side of the cushion didn't really even exist any more. It was just mush under there.

1669084416572.png

@FJ73Texas told me about a mint HZJ77 ZX passenger seat on Yahoo Auctions. So I went to take a look around. All the drivers seats were absolutely obliterated. But the passenger seats looked mint. So I ordered one and had it shipped over from Japan. It came a few days ago. My first attempt was to install the passenger seat on the drivers side. That didn't work at all. Not only were the controls on the wrong side, but the seats are actually offset a bit making the issue double bad. But it was worth a shot and only took 3min to test out.

1669084533111.png

So I yanked it out and started swapping parts. I moved the cushions and seat covers over. Both required slight modifications but ended up fitting really nicely. I haven't used interior hog rings since high school. In retrospect, I would actually use zip ties in place of hog rings next time. The zip ties don't look as "professional," but they are way easier to use.

1669084853936.png

All in all it really turned out well swapping a passenger seat cushions and cover over to the driver side. They look brand new and feel fantastic.

1669084924832.png

@FJ73Texas ….. I see you still have your flare.

I have the flare from my mini-truck standing by in case the flare for the cruiser goes missing.
I'd never actually use them.

I have the flare from my mini-truck standing by in case the flare for the cruiser goes missing.
I'd never actually use them.
My 77 Series had both holder and flare whereas my BJ74 only had an empty holder. 😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom