What did you do on your 70 series today? (20 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Loaded up for 5 day camping trip on the coast. First time using the 3 bike rack I welded up out of scrap. Really like my new inverter mig setup. Picked up a co2 bottle at the scrap yard with regulator and 900psi still in the tank for $6. I can make really pretty welds and weld really thin sheet metal for the first time in 20 years..... Truck is completely 637 olive now. First spray in too cold weather to 5 weeks to harden up. It ran and wrinkled. Sanded out imperfections cut and buffed, and just repainted all the spots where I burned through with the detail gun. Round 2 cut buff in another 3 weeks.
Installed a new binary switch in the AC. Previously it was just straight wired hot. It would build too much pressure at highway speed get the condenser too hot heat up the engine and leak the gas out around the fitting on the high pressure line . Now it's cycles the compressor off when the pressure is too high. I ran over 100 miles at 67 to 72 mph running AC Temperature gauge never went up past Midway. Air still blows cold when needed.

IMG_20210407_152404.jpg

I treated the front indicator light housings with the Cerakote Trim wipes. That stuff made the black plastic shine. Hopefully it will last as advertised.
I used a heated steel rod to melt/mash the "shades" to the amber part of the lenses. The factory clearly had just the right temp for the melting action. After the melting I added a drop of gap filling cyanoacrylate glue. I put the led bulbs from Odd Iron in and reattached the pods to the truck.
IMG_1851.JPG

Image of the shiny plastic reflection.
IMG_1873.JPG

IMG_1871.JPG

IMG_1879.JPG

Had a control panel installed to manage the LED lights in the rear bed as well as the awning lights when it’s deployed.
E4BA4563-E77E-4552-8CD8-4448DCC984F0.jpeg

Another one for that guy?!? :lol:
I haven’t revealed which one of “those” guys it is going to but you probably heard that trough the grapevine already 😉

The original builder of my truck had installed the rear locker incorrectly which caused oil blowback into the ARB compressor. The compressor and engine bay looked like the second grounding of the Exxon Valdez. After the rear locker was repaired it was time for a new compressor so now the ARB compressor, the a/c compressor and the alternator are all new. 😊
B2D2D58A-9F11-4597-ACAB-18B81118FE2B.jpeg

Spare room is starting to get scarce so the catch can had to be moved. (Photos courtesy of Odd Iron Off Road). 😊
C8F4BAF1-8894-49D2-BAEF-72B0253DE4B0.jpeg

Last edited:
Man, get those janky Gates belts outta there and get the correct 90916-02452 belt set.
To be clear my aftermarket alternator (Terrain Tamer) needs an OEM Toyota belt? 😁

What the little Aurora Rock Lights lack in size, they make up for with lumens. 😊
00303E59-CB3C-4FA7-95EF-43DFB7111346.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom