What did you do on your 70 series today? (34 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Completed the rebuild of my power steering pump. :bounce: :beer:
The complete story is here BJ73 1985 Power steering pump rebuild.
Before:
20210124_200343.jpg

After:
20210203_190645.jpg

20210203_200111.jpg

Finally got in the 80/20 for my cabinets and realized I only ordered half the bar stock I needed (must have been high) but decided to get crackin' on the easier of the two to build. This one holds our dog Max's bed (calling it the Maxie Pad) and our Dometic CFX75 fridge. The dog bed platform is attached to the 80/20 with some 1-1.5" spring clips. I won't be needing to access under the bed all that often but didn't want to put a piano hinge on it.

Our stove, camp chairs, tools, spare parts go under this 6' long cabinet. Then I attached some barn door bags from Outback Gear Solutions on the 80/20 corner. These will hold our camp cutlery and other cooking stuff. L track runs down the center, so we can tie-down our water and other things.

Once the next shipment of bar stock arrives, I'll get cracking on the next cabinet.

TroopyBuild-41.jpg

TroopyBuild-38.jpg

TroopyBuild-36.jpg

TroopyBuild-32.jpg

How did you attach the 80/20 to the floor and is it attached to the wall as well? I like how low it is, is there a power outlet for the Dometic back there as well?

How did you attach the 80/20 to the floor and is it attached to the wall as well? I like how low it is, is there a power outlet for the Dometic back there as well?

I took carriage bolts and slid them in the 80/20 and attached them to two existing holes and two new holes I drilled in the stud wall. I then bolted the cabinet to the plywood floor, through the mat.

The floor is 1/2” birch ply carriage-bolted to the existing forward facing seat mounts in the floor on the front and then in the back by the doors, it’s through-bolted to existing holes.

it’s super secure. The fridge is running off my National Luna battery pack on the passenger side behind the front seat. It will be in a new cabinet once I get the rest of my extrusion in the mail.

Last edited:
This is how one makes lemonade out of lemons.

Well done my friend. :)
I can’t really take credit for the work. I just wrote the checks. 😁

@Gun Runner 5 That is not lemonaide... that is the best Majito you ever had with a twist of lemon....

WOW...

EDIT... not to say that @cruiserdan could or would ever be incorrect in his assessment of lemons vs. lemonaide or anything else related to or regarding anything that I hold to be good in this world. Just saying that is an awesome rig!!!!

Good thing you had a new pen....:lol:
Unlike some on ‘MUD, I’m completely devoid of mechanical talent so I’ve been very strait forward with where the credit goes. 😊

It does look good. Need more photo shots too.

My speedometer broke two weeks ago. It had occasionally been making some loud screeching noises. It got real bad on the interstate 2 weeks ago the needle started violently shaking back and forth so bad that the plastic needle broke in half and it all quit working.

I got a small motorcycle GPS speedometer because it had multiple functions and would work with 24 volt. The motorcycle gauge has indicators for check engine light, oil pressure, low fuel, neutral, turn signal, high beam and all on a tiny 2-in gauge. All of those indicator lights require a positive 12 to 24 volt signal to make them turn on. Water temperature and oil pressure senders create a positive ground so I need relays to make those work with the motorcycle gauge. I do not know which terminal on the factory fuel gauge lights up the low fuel light not sure how to test or check for that, it's not clear in the manual or at least I can't figure it out. I'm kind of a minimalist I kind of like the smallest simplest least amount of equipment to get the job done. I'm all right with this gauge so far it's not too bright at night either.

IMG_20210211_011622.jpg

IMG_20210211_011605.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom