What did you do on your 70 series today? (36 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cheers! Yeah it’s been fun. Haven’t built cabinetry in a while and can’t wait to use it!
There are not enough wood shims or duct tape at Home Depot for me to do what you’re doing. 😁

John, it looks fantastic, very good stuff indeed. What's the thickness of the ply in the bypass track, and the bench top? Is the bypass track from an 80/20 supplier or did you source elsewhere? Thanks.

Cheers! 1/2” birch top with a 1/2 x 3/4” solid wood nosing for overlap. Panels are 1/4” on bypass tracks that pop into place. 80/20 makes them. They’re under the shop\tracks section. I’ll line the ends with felt to keep them from rattling on corrugated roads.

Thought about digging out and hacking off the 1/2" of ice off but decided enjoying some dark beer in a warm house is time better spent.

0-3.jpg
0-4.jpg

Nice, That thing is like a '70 series limosine!
If it just wasn’t powered by a Briggs & Stratton, 😀
I lost count of how many times I heard someone say “nice Isuzu”. 😀

Last edited:
I showed my students a 2006 PBS NOVA episode about neutrinos.
They were tasked with spotting the Land Cruiser as it was filmed driving into the mine that contains Japan's Super-Kamiokande neutrino detector.
A Prado, maybe an LJ7X. Interior and exterior LR corner look like by BJ74.
Probably 11 seconds of footage total.

Of course man. It would be in the garage if it fit.

I am ready for this cold weather to end. Had a pipe bust but I was able to cap it off temporarily until I go to Lowe’s.
That sucks, been there before. But last night at -17 I had a new challenge, the inlet pipe to my septic tank froze up...
I'm not shtting you. (couldn't resist)

Adjusted the LSPV on the chassis downward and the cable bracket on the diff housing upward .... now we have some decent brakes !

Finally got in the 80/20 for my cabinets and realized I only ordered half the bar stock I needed (must have been high) but decided to get crackin' on the easier of the two to build. This one holds our dog Max's bed (calling it the Maxie Pad) and our Dometic CFX75 fridge. The dog bed platform is attached to the 80/20 with some 1-1.5" spring clips. I won't be needing to access under the bed all that often but didn't want to put a piano hinge on it.

Our stove, camp chairs, tools, spare parts go under this 6' long cabinet. Then I attached some barn door bags from Outback Gear Solutions on the 80/20 corner. These will hold our camp cutlery and other cooking stuff. L track runs down the center, so we can tie-down our water and other things.

Once the next shipment of bar stock arrives, I'll get cracking on the next cabinet.

View attachment 2577621

View attachment 2577622

View attachment 2577625

View attachment 2577627
Great inspo here! Nice re-purpose of those barn bags, and killer bumper sticker to boot.

Did you make the RH barndoor stove flip-down also?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom