What did you do on your 70 series today? (27 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hit the trails on our bush block to clear some windfall. Mashed the new flares up against some of the scenery with no damage.

i-8CRqhHN-L.jpg

Cheers
Clint

That is my 60 ute... 60 chopped body, 80 chassis stretch 22" LS3, 529s and 37s

View attachment 2515715
I just watched Triple Frontier and saw their red 60 truck and thought that was cool... well you just blew that away with just the junk box behind your rear wheel.
1607386988566.png

My diesel injection pump for the 1HZ was leaking. It was a slow leak, so I let it go for a little bit - these things ain’t cheap to buy or rebuild. Not to mention a major PITA just to remove. I noticed that, after about two months, the diesel had torn up the bushings below, so I planned my attack. Special shout out to @MyCruiserisaHogBeast for the moral support.

57A3DED7-2854-4057-B515-1767BD8C4404.jpeg

Was able to get the seal kit from a local diesel shop, and popped the top off hoping it was the major seal that goes around the rim. For now, that appears to have done it. Was also pleased to see it nice and clean in there. Next up, order all new bushings...

B7702ACD-842D-49CA-B050-B37D17979518.jpeg

Last edited:
I have no idea. As @FJ73Texas and I were discussing, it's amazing how many different cluster variations there are with the 70 series. I look at that gauge every day and it didn't even register to me that the plastic piece was there until I was getting ready to install the overlay. Not sure what that says about my powers of observation, but you being from GA probably understand that ;)

This should help answer the some of the questions. Seems like the STD is the one that has the plastic part over the face.

gauges.JPG

Removed a previous owner's homebrewed mechanism today...
IMG_6011.jpg

This was sitting on top of the stock seat rails effectively pushing driver's seat rearward by ~6 inches. I didn't measure.

My 5'2" wife is learning to drive the cruiser and might need to use it this winter so this was a necessity. Probably safer being back to stock as well. Driving position dropped about an inch. I had the seat all the way back and sometimes felt like getting the clutch in all the way was a chore. Not anymore. Torqued the bolts per FSM and we're back on the road in 30 or so minutes.

If any tall folks out there want these, lmk. Came off a suspension seat, not sure if the bolt pattern is the same for other seats.

@Bogan yer inbox is full, I was gonna ask about which blue sea switch you used on your winch? is your winch 24V too?

In the spirit of similar threads for other models, post up and tell us what you were up to today working on your cruiser.

Today I finally got around to fixing the dash lights in my BJ74. Of all things a bloody rat had made a nest behind the dash and chewed on one of the looms.

It had managed to sever a grand total of three wires, the power feed to the dash illumination dimmer pot and both wires to the air filter restriction warning light. So with all of those fixed up, finally after 15 months, I won't have to gauge my speed by feel at night.

While I was doing that, the nopics ran the wiring for the in-dash winch isolator switch and control, the wiring for the two 10" light bars on the wings of the bullbar and re-ran the wiring for the UHF to it's new position on the front face of the centre console. She also started fitting the new dash pad to suit the dual fuel tank gauge pod and pulled out the old head unit (and the original tape deck) as a first step towards a new head unit (JVC KD-X310BT)

Apparently she works a lot more efficiently than I do.

So folks, what did you do on your 70 series today?
I didn't do anything but I found a massive hole in my exhaust. Any suggestions for a new muffler to give me a bit more of an aggressive noise? My rig has the 3F engine in it

tempImage4jMyo4.png

I didn't do anything but I found a massive hole in my exhaust. Any suggestions for a new muffler to give me a bit more of an aggressive noise? My rig has the 3F engine in it

View attachment 2520717
Flowmaster 40 or 50 series. I found the 50 more to my liking in a v6 Nissan Frontier I had

I got nothing on the muffler, but your rear driveshaft is backwards. Fine if you are just driving on the road or mud, but logs and rocks will ruin your slip joint. I apologize if you already knew this, just trying to help :beer:

View attachment 2520717

Cut all the piping and muffler away , a put a side exsaust .
You gain in :
Weight ,
space under the car for tanks ,
a pit in power and response,
money cheap to fabbricate,
Unfortunately it makes a bit more noise , but not too much .
Will post a pictur of mine later .

Got it back after the rebuild last night. So today...did nothing other than stare at it, lovingly. That'll do, for now. :)
The Pickup.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom