What did you do on your 70 series today? (21 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Gun Runner 5 getting some recognition in the most recent Toyota Trails. :clap:

B286F46B-FDCC-41C1-8224-F27223974BD3.jpeg

And my wife threatening to steal my BJ70 from me. :lol:

@Gun Runner 5 getting some recognition in the most recent Toyota Trails. :clap:

And my wife threatening to steal my BJ70 from me. :lol:

Hello,

It is always good to see Kris and Charles.

I think it is time for you to get another 70 Series. Maybe a 77, maybe a 73. Or one of those soft top HZJ70s with factory front and rear lockers.

Juan

Hello,

It is always good to see Kris and Charles.

I think it is time for you to get another 70 Series. Maybe a 77, maybe a 73.

Juan

Off the books currently Juan. Probably won’t go for another LC in the near term until we get closer to first year HZJ76 importation abilities.
:)

@Muh2921

Found Waldo... what's the prize?

received_2773862526016461.jpg

So when you have rust and rot in your 70 and you only fix the outer layer....

94A2E441-3F39-403A-949C-225284C5B946.jpeg

This is one of many spots on these trucks Toyota layered four layers together.

Cheers

Installed a new Deluxe Bar and Side Steps/Side Rail setup from ARB yesterday. Wasn't a bad job, just a bit stressful drilling into a brand new bull bar.
Will install new Safari Armax Snorkel next week after the long weekend to get a bit more air into the 1HZ, would love to throw a mild turbo system on there eventually, with a big intercooler. Happy Australia Day weekend everyone! (26th Jan for your USA guys).

IMG_2431.jpg

IMG_2434.jpg

IMG_2435.jpg

Installed a new Deluxe Bar and Side Steps/Side Rail setup from ARB yesterday. Wasn't a bad job, just a bit stressful drilling into a brand new bull bar.
Will install new Safari Armax Snorkel next week after the long weekend to get a bit more air into the 1HZ, would love to throw a mild turbo system on there eventually, with a big intercooler. Happy Australia Day weekend everyone! (26th Jan for your USA guys).
Looks great, do you have a part number on the side rails by chance? When I've looked into them it has said something about reusing the stock steps which has confused me, doesn't look like they've remained there?

Had to rebuild my front LH knuckle due to a leak in one of the seals, was making the brakes smell/smoke. Could not have done it myself without the amazing videos from @OTRAMM (You're the man. Keep doing more!).

Also... new shoes. All the split rim syle without the split rim problems .. on BFG A/T 235/75/16.

33A04B72-D18B-4AEE-AA1C-1928993230D7.JPG

Do you by any chance know if that is the same bulb for a BJ70, 1987, 24v, 3.4l Diesel?
It'll be the same housing (e.g lens/reflector unit), but you'll need a 24v H4 bulb.

The factory toyota wiring is a bit undersized, so for best results I'd recommend upgrading to a heavy duty loom which just uses the stock wiring to trigger relays. I made my own but you can buy off the shelf looms, just be careful that you use 24v relays.

I folded and tacked up a fancy looking square into round aluminum fan shroud, so I can fit up a hydraulic fan
This is all to avoid spending well over $800 on an LS engine driven fan
IMG_20200126_182207.jpg

I did it the old school way, no computer drawing, I didnt even mark it out, i just rolled a pattern along the sheet and marked where the circle rolled
IMG_20200126_184002.jpg

IMG_20200126_185450.jpg

IMG_20200126_194722.jpg

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom