What did you do on your 70 series today? (44 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They do look severely out of proportion although a "long" tray back seems to help vs a relatively short factory bed.
More than the proportions, I have a bit of a problem with the rear lines. Notably, the stuff I've outlined in the picture below. The rear door pillar, for example...broad at the top and narrow, lower down. If the door was to remain unchanged from the station wagon version, why not make a tapered rear line, too? The tray, then...why is there such a pronounced difference between the wheel arch at the tray, and the portion of the wheel arch incorporated in the lower bottom part of the cabin?

In some days, we'll have fabbed up the cabin and tray layout...and hopefully, you'll get to see what I mean. And how we hope to address these aesthetic aspects. :)

InkedTLC Critique_LI.jpg

What they actually did was chop the back 1/3 of a 76 series and added a bed.
That's basically what we're going to do. With a difference. Hopefully, creating something that looks much more "sorted out".

That's basically what we're going to do. With a difference. Hopefully, creating something that looks much more "sorted out".
You don't need to win me over, I'm a single cab guy. :)

do you have more information on the kit and how it works?

thanks
yes. The cruise works just like it should. Nothing funky.
250-1223 universal kit
250-3742 control switch
250-4206 clutch pedal switch. If needed.
250-4165 universal speed sensor.

I have more detailed install pics. but very limited Internet service.
I can supply pics. As needed.
Kits have all the mountig hardware needed.
Just bend and cut as needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom