What did you do on your 70 series today? (39 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I folded and tacked up a fancy looking square into round aluminum fan shroud, so I can fit up a hydraulic fan
This is all to avoid spending well over $800 on an LS engine driven fan
View attachment 2192582
I did it the old school way, no computer drawing, I didnt even mark it out, i just rolled a pattern along the sheet and marked where the circle rolled
View attachment 2192583
View attachment 2192584
View attachment 2192585
Cheers

Nicely done. I been watching that thread. Patrol chassis sure is beefy.

Cheers

100k injector replacement completed.

I do injectors every 100k KMs

New crush gasket and spacer as well.

Thanks to Rob Smith for the rebuild work.

7F02A0EF-2900-4966-9391-C7DF680D547E.jpeg
1312B374-48A1-44F8-AAD5-8C2D65F689AB.jpeg
B41ACA3F-FF34-4010-91A9-B5CD77CFD5B3.jpeg
B9A9177C-03B4-4D52-9F70-0748B938A554.jpeg
9D136809-2430-4714-9307-43FBB35A68E5.jpeg

Looks great, do you have a part number on the side rails by chance? When I've looked into them it has said something about reusing the stock steps which has confused me, doesn't look like they've remained there?

Hi mate, the part number for the Troopy Side Rails and Steps I ordered is ARB 4412170. The side rails 'plug into' the ARB side steps that form part of the whole kit, I'm not sure you could install the rails without the ARB side steps as you'd need to custom make a bracket onto the stock side steps. Here's the ARB instructions that show the parts.

Attachments

• 3783024_4412170_180_78_79_Series_side_step.pdf
    726.7 KB · Views: 114
Hi mate, the part number for the Troopy Side Rails and Steps I ordered is ARB 4412170. The side rails 'plug into' the ARB side steps that form part of the whole kit, I'm not sure you could install the rails without the ARB side steps as you'd need to custom make a bracket onto the stock side steps. Here's the ARB instructions that show the parts.
Awesome, thanks so much I'll be ordering soon!

Picked up 5 40” tires and beadlock wheels for the 73 in the troopy , you can’t beat the loading capacity of the lwb hd 70 series.
On top of that I drove the troopy a solid 1000 miles yesterday , good thing I have installed the Scheelmann seats in it ☺️
C61672B2-A393-4410-9182-B65D7158CCA4.jpeg
533D665E-3F41-47DA-8C10-187825780C58.jpeg

Drove It for the first time.....

What parts are coming :)

Hey there.

I have some escape gear seat covers on the way. I attempted to order from Equipt but they never responded back so I just went direct. Gotta protect those nice seats.

Also, I just received OME kit from @cruiseroutfit yesterday evening. (Poor UPS lady).... I was on the fence if I wanted to touch the suspension or not but despite the low miles, it does feel a bit tired so I went ahead with this decision.

Hey there.

I have some escape gear seat covers on the way. I attempted to order from Equipt but they never responded back so I just went direct. Gotta protect those nice seats.

Also, I just received OME kit from @cruiseroutfit yesterday evening. (Poor UPS lady).... I was on the fence if I wanted to touch the suspension or not but despite the low miles, it does feel a bit tired so I went ahead with this decision.
Funny, Equipt answered both my emails and phone calls in a timely manner. They even sent detailed photos of the fabrics and colors that were available. I guess I caught them on a good day.

Funny, Equipt answered both my emails and phone calls in a timely manner. They even sent detailed photos of the fabrics and colors that were available. I guess I caught them on a good day.

I like to support those locally that make it possible for us to get 70 series related parts but sometimes going direct is the best way to get things done. I wish my experience with them was like yours.

I like to support those locally that make it possible for us to get 70 series related parts but sometimes going direct is the best way to get things done. I wish my experience with them was like yours.
It's the 3rd order I've had with them and so far every transaction has gone smoothly. :)

Hey there.

Looking forward to updates! Unfortunately my seats need covers for the other end of the seat condition spectrum HA. Did you select an OME kit to maintain original height or increase?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom