What did you do on your 70 series today? (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cut the braces off as close to the bumper as possible. I didn't take quite enough off and I had to do a bit of grinding. There is the potential for the back end of the leaf spring to contact the cut end on the full compression side when the truck is crossed up. This is with OME springs and shackles. Factory stuff may not move back as far.

Cut the braces off as close to the bumper as possible. I didn't take quite enough off and I had to do a bit of grinding. There is the potential for the back end of the leaf spring to contact the cut end on the full compression side when the truck is crossed up. This is with OME springs and shackles. Factory stuff may not move back as far.
Which all that, I wonder if buying a 76 bar and cutting back the wings would be better IF the SWB/MWB wagons are the same out back. That said I had factory bumpers and cladding from an LJ78 on my 77 prior to my kaymar. Speculation is fun.

I'd rather have have the short factory finished wings.

I'm day 3 into engine conversion from a 1hz to a 1hd fte

IMG_2943.JPG

Dropped by the shop to look at some of Rob's handy work. I can only hope my pump turns out that nice. :)

Starting to take apart the new 79 build and organizing things. MUST start a build thread.

Found this nice little message. Lol. Good ol' Fuor Obb. Ha. The used parts that came with this truck are USED.

Starting to take apart the new 79 build and organizing things. MUST start a build thread.

Found this nice little message. Lol. Good ol' Fuor Obb. Ha. The used parts that came with this truck are USED.

View attachment 1920564
If you keep looking you might find other anomalies.

If you keep looking you might find other anomalies.

Fortunately I think this one was stopped before the serious anomalies occurred....but I could see where it was headed.

Fortunately I think this one was stopped before the serious anomalies occurred....but I could see where it was headed.
Well darn, you're going to miss all of the fun stuff. :)

Bought one! 1993 HZJ-73 LHD. Thanks to @joekatana for the deal. I have wanted a 73 to be part of the stable and wasn't sure I could swing it. She is a fixer upper, and just a roller, but has a solid structure and I will get her back together. Planning on a 12H-T transplant on it too.
I have a picture from when it was in Europe as well as a crappy one from the night I bought it (sans front clip). I gotta go back to TX and get it soon, not enough room on trip #1

Can't wait to get it home just to sit in it and drink a beer, right @bulletsmith ?

Hey there, im after some quick advice on removing rear leaf springs from my hdj79. They are 450kg constants and i want a smooth ride with not much weight. Is there anyone out there that has done this before? I can't afford new leaves at the moment, so am looking at the cheap fix. Cheers

20190308_091739.jpg

20190209_110914.jpg

I picked up the truck from the shop after clutch replacement.
Immediate benefits: reduced foot pressure needed now, no more grabbing chattering, annoying twittering sound is gone from bellhousing, clutch pedal no longer creaks.
Thanks Cruiser Outfitters for Aisin clutch kit.

I picked up the truck from the shop after clutch replacement.
Immediate benefits: reduced foot pressure needed now, no more grabbing chattering, annoying twittering sound is gone from bellhousing, clutch pedal no longer creaks.
Thanks Cruiser Outfitters for Aisin clutch kit.

Thank you!

Must be SOOO nice to be close to a good shop like that!

We ship globally. Our clutch kits have been shipped throughout the US, Canada, South America and even Iceland.

I really needed some new tires and found a killer deal on some new 4runner rims/tires.

Before:

After:

I am running some 1.5" Spacers. Like the fact that its a 17" and i think it look good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom