What did you do on your 70 series today? (21 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

G'Day Fella's,

Cruiser Pilot, if you don't mind me asking, what brand of suspension set did you use?

Regards
Homer
They were right out of another BJ74. This truck was rebuilt on salvage title, and I was lucky enough to
buy an entire parts truck. So far, FRP top, front doors, bumper and seats.

Thanks for that Cruiser Pilot.
I wasn't aware that Toyota made/installed suspension seats in the LC's.

Regards
Homer

Thanks for that Cruiser Pilot.
I wasn't aware that Toyota made/installed suspension seats in the LC's.

Regards
Homer
I've been corrected by a friend, GTSportcoupe that in all likelihood these seats are out of a Prado.
He doesn't think that these were available in BJ74's. I have confirmed that they were swapped into
the parts truck by the PO. He did a hack job on the brackets to make them fit, so obviously not original
fit.
That all being said, on the bottom of the floor outside. There is 4 holes perfectly lined up in factory
underside bracketry. I simply drilled up from below and 'presto' perfect fit!

Suspension seats were available in BJ74s - my '89 has them. All Canadian spec BJ70s had them as well.
Your actual seats are different, maybe prado or later HZJ73 or 77?

Suspension seats were available in BJ74s - my '89 has them. All Canadian spec BJ70s had them as well.
Your actual seats are different, maybe prado or later HZJ73 or 77?
Thanks, to be honest I don't really know myself. I did find a owner manual for a BJ74 in a pile of them I have.
It's written entirely in Japanese, but it indicates instructions on how to use the seat controls. I just found it today.
Kinda fun learning this stuff

Got sick of trying to keep H4 reflectors clean....so went the Truck-Lite route. Also have some 10" spotties now. SO. MUCH. LIGHT!
The draw of the Truck-Lites is comical on a 24v system.

Oh yeah, that is several inches of snow in Portland and still coming down.

h8ym1K7.jpg

Tried getting my rear window demister working today but can't find the relay for it. It has power at the switch but can't hear the relay clicking on. Anyone know where to find the relay or any other area to check out??
Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom