What did you do on your 70 series today? (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

4x4overland_travel_reise_landvergnuegen-2479.jpg
Not from today, but I love my my bikeswingoutarmthing for taking the bikes with us on a trip ;)

Swapped the calipers and starting to replace all the bushings. I’ve decided to convert my greaseable shackles to non greaseable and replace the hollow greaseable pins with 3/4” grade 8 bolts. It was a bit of a tight squeeze. Flame on!

Broke a Pickle Fork and Bent a Tie Rod Separator!
Bottom line, don't buy cheap Chinese crap from HF, buy higher end Chinese crap from AutoZone.
(especially Pickle Forks and Tie Rod Separators)
The Sears Craftsman Tool Center nearest to me, no longer carries such items.
But there is light at the end of the tunnel.

BDAF204D-445F-4A23-A3E5-78C944068232.jpeg

AFBC450E-B520-4115-9373-03B685B30F23.jpeg

Toyota is already working on a diesel hybrid and a full EV LC across the entire spectrum of 20x and 7x vehicles.

Won’t be too long for these options to be the case especially since Toyota announced yesterday that 2018 will be the last year of Diesel engines for the European market.

Got a new face....

20180307_133128.jpg

20180307_172709-02.jpeg

:lol: That book will be opened once to look at pictures and handed directly to Rob.
I have my area of expertise, others have theirs and it's doubtful I'll even look at the photos.

Got the rear links tacked up and played around with them a bit. Looks like 12" coilovers with towers frenched into the frame is going to be the ticket. Should be able to get 4" of shock up travel while lowering the vehicle 5" from SOA height.

IMG_4271.JPG

IMG_4272.JPG

IMG_4274.JPG

Started to fab a fresh air inlet to replace the stock breather lost due to turbo install. Is presently sucking f air out of engine compartment which is filthy with 15yrs of leaking oil. Plan was run a pipe into whl well and fender cavity. Cavity full of rust and bondo oversprayed with rocker gaurd. Job went from couple hours to several days of hellish frustration. Tore off trashy mud flap fender liner and got a good look. B bad I told the owner, my son. This was a big job,needs a replacement part and we don't have time to shop for one. Well have to make what we need. Jacked it up and onto stands removed wheel. Omg nothing left!
Over next two weeks must have put in 40hrs easy. Now kid knows lots about his Cruiser. Dirtiest engine I've ever seen bay so bad can't tell wires from tubes etc. impossible to work on with out cleaning first. It will catch fire when I weld patches in. Took a couple hours to make up an intake once body work was done. Used an aluminum eaves trough center drop riveted through the filter can with a piece of 3inch flu pipe. The elbow swivels 360degrees so rotate as needed. Now it picks up fresh air at max ht. also did axle vent hose etc. boost now running to max seems like 14lbs. No more road spray onto engine firewall etc and it's rust proofed as well as possible. Going to do rust as needed

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom