What are these wheels? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
08622DBC-C3BE-46AB-9A20-B4BEB7F7FA7E.png
Does anyone know what wheels these are?

JDM only gaijin.
The offroad magazines in Japan are full of wild interesting stuff for Rando Cruza.

They look like stock FJ40 steelies with factory hub caps. Just like what's on my 40. I'm sure they aren't though. Probably some fancy FLEX custom wheels.

20180301_124704.jpg

Last edited:
They're Dean wheels. I have a set at my shop.....very hard to get and very pricey but they are obtainable if you know the right people.....like me. Ha.

They are aluminum wheels that look like steelies. 16x8 with a 0 offset. They are truly bitchin'.....beautiful wheels. Not sure they're worth the price but if you have to have something no one else does...these are them.

We tested them on my 79 series....they will be going on a client's 40 series that we are building. I have 2 more sets available.....white, black or dark silver.
P6071293.JPG

P6071278.JPG
P6071300.JPG

Soooo.....what kind of dollars are you talking per wheel. If those are alloy, that is amazing if a
factory hubcap will clip on. Very cool.

FJ40 15" steelies still available from any Toyota dealer about $90 each and the hub caps are about $15 each. They come in Black only.

Dyno

Soooo.....what kind of dollars are you talking per wheel. If those are alloy, that is amazing if a
factory hubcap will clip on. Very cool.
Look REAL close at the last picture. I'm pretty sure that is not a factory hubcap (note the 2 screws roughly in a line from the valve stem, the white rim poking through between the beauty ring and center cap and lastly "Dean" stamped in the center cap).

@c2dfj45 - so just how much IS a set of those wheels? They are definitely WAY cool! Thanks for the info on the wheels.

Nick

The yota steelies would make for a great set of studded winter tires. Then I'd be unstoppable! Bwahahahahahaha

It's not a factory hubcap. There are 2 hubcaps supplied with the wheels. A shallow one....not sure that would fit and then a taller one with a removable center portion for the lockout hubs on the front. My 79 series doesn't have lockout hubs on the front so the center caps stayed on.

Every person that's seen these wheels has flipped out over them which is funny to me as we have wheel sets that have approached $20k in my shop. Something about these just work.

IMG_20180531_134553_098.jpg

..Does anyone know what wheels these are?

Can't see anything about them-they're all black! Someone should tell that Cruiser to come down from the ladder before he falls off.

It's not a factory hubcap. There are 2 hubcaps supplied with the wheels. A shallow one....not sure that would fit and then a taller one with a removable center portion for the lockout hubs on the front. My 79 series doesn't have lockout hubs on the front so the center caps stayed on.

Every person that's seen these wheels has flipped out over them which is funny to me as we have wheel sets that have approached $20k in my shop. Something about these just work.

View attachment 1722776

View attachment 1722776

Those are pretty maybe too pretty for something that goes off road, however if they made them in a 17 I would be tempted.

Fifteen52 makes something similar for a much better price

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom