was bored so i made some sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
was bored so i made some sliders over the weekend, just gotta weld em on. i used some skate board grip tape for traction when they get wet, looks really nice, ill have to take some pics installed
sliders.jpg

Good looking rails!
How many mounts are you planning on fab/installing?

The near end looks like it may be stepped as in a box tube with a sheetmetal "L" metal on top. Is this accurate? If so this is a great stiffener and weight saver.

Look forward to seeing the additional pics! The skate board grip is a good idea. If you see mud allot you may wish to consider a piece of expanded metal on top where you typically place your foot. The grit will foul with mud and become slippery if you hit much wet clay or mud.

Good looking rails!
How many mounts are you planning on fab/installing?

The near end looks like it may be stepped as in a box tube with a sheetmetal "L" metal on top. Is this accurate? If so this is a great stiffener and weight saver.

Look forward to seeing the additional pics! The skate board grip is a good idea. If you see mud allot you may wish to consider a piece of expanded metal on top where you typically place your foot. The grit will foul with mud and become slippery if you hit much wet clay or mud.

i thought about the whole mud thing and i dont really do mud. more rocks than anything. and i h8cleaningmud off my rig it gets everywhere.

ok ok ill get better pics.

Good tip on the grip tape. I was going to put some on my sliders, but mud is a way of life out here, unless you don't get out much.:beer:

Mud pretty much sucks but no way to stay out of it around here.
The largest rock around here is about the size of a golfball.

slider in action oh that green box in front of your house

0ffcb311.jpg

100_2136.jpg

few installed. they came out really nice and are bomb proof, cant wait to try them out

Hey cool set of rock sliders almost and i say it while grinding my teeth to pretty to drag across the rocks , nAAAAAA go for it. NICE JOB !!

Are you bolting them to the frame or welded on? Is that 2X4" tubing? Very clean look. Congrats!

Are you bolting them to the frame or welded on? Is that 2X4" tubing? Very clean look. Congrats!

i was going to bolt but then went with welding. dont plan on talking them off and the are strong as hell

2x4 tube

i like... a lot. i'm ready to build mine. Saturday afternoon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom