VMJ73 Resto-Not (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You're intimidating/scaring me with all these calculations for the crawl ratios. You must plan to really wheel this truck or like doing math.
Anyhow, it looks like you're having fun with the planning!
Peter

No wonder she was frustrated...:lol:

So you registered it three times??????

You ought to see the iPhone screen where I depressed the "post reply" with force, three times, having typed an epic post to only see the little dial spin and blue bar cease to creep across the screen, indicators all efforts are lost.

No wonder she was frustrated...:lol:

I can guess why she's frustrated and doubt my 21 year old BJ bares (pun intended) responsibility.

I should've pressed my luck, and tried VJJ, BJ4ME, BJLVR or BJADAY.... :)

Oh s***, here we go again.....

Oh ****, here we go again.....

Hell, it's all your damn fault for stringing me out, like a dealer does a junkie, on the damn buggy runs!!!

I shan't hold a grudge for labor (and technical proficiency) rendered on this endeavor, at the very least, some cabinetry for Mrs. Imelda Marcos Delancy's expansive shoe collection.

Lemme know when you're headed up and I'll begin forgiving...

Clayton Oklahoma, Nov 7-9, White Trash Big Junk Run. Be there and all will be forgiven.

In what??

Mrs. D's GX?

First trip to Clayton in the FJC, within 30' of the trailhead, ripped the PS link off the axle and bent the lower shock stud in the FJC.

You're looking at the next wheeler....

image.jpg

Just change the spark plugs in that motor you have there...

Damnedest thing I eva' seen, but there ain't not spark plugs, wires, or dizzy....

Like it runs on some kinda voodoo magic....which explains the vial of gooey red crap hanging from the rear view, I'm scared to remove.

Get some 29" mud tires and you are all set.

:)

Gonna stick the 37s from the 80 on 'er soon......see how much cuttin' gonna be necessary.

I am going to watch you labor away and just buy Nittro's 70. :)

Then I'll watch you rapidly get smaller in the rear view.... :flipoff2:

-Cue Phish tune-

"It isn't nearly fast enough for yooouuu...

It isn't nearly fast enough for yooouuu...

It's what I was afraid of, and you disappear from (rear)view

'cause it isn't nearly fast enough for you."

I have one like it. My VM it's still alive and healthy with a more modern turbo, it spools from idle now.
Great car. Stock axles are stronger than 40 series, we have them on 37" with lockers with no problems, specially if you change to 5.29 ring and pinion.
I'm a leafspring guy but good luck on your built.

My VM it's still alive and healthy

Are you familiar enough with the VM to take a stab at what might be ailing this one?

I'm a leafspring guy but good luck on your built.

I'm an insane in the membrane guy who's thinking 39s may work well with 106-108" WB.....with kinda stock-ish (80) axles should hold up, even with an unnaturally aspirated 1FZ-FE.

Considering the has further morphed into another all out "build", wouldn't mind driving around a bit, whole awaiting goods from afar.

Been a thousand times easier, from a procurement perspective, to have, first gained the knowledge of driveline orientation, then utilized 80 series mounts and brackets, if not fabbed, to achieve, but, after a long trip from UAE and molestation by Customs.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Found the single NLA engine bracket that was posing a problem, from an FZJ75 in Oz....along with a few other bits, but later on those.

image.jpg

Balance ordered from @Akella.

After all of this, don't think the cross member will remain much after the initial goal of getting the 1FZ in and running is achieved.

Are you going with the non-US five speed manual or auto?

Also 1FZ-FE or 1FZ-F?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom