Veterans Day Trail Ride - Tuesday, Nov. 11, 2014 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am 99% a no. New IT guy starting on Monday ... unless I feel a cold coming on (cough, cough) I don't see me making it

I know @forrest5000 will be there come hell or high water.
He knows it's bad form to do anything but keep his word. Electrical fires be damned!

Looks like I was successful in my scheduling attempts for next week so it appears I'll be there. Can hardly contain myself. I'll just hafta spend about 6 hours at work when we get back. Go ahead and put me in the confirmed group.

...via IH8MUD app

Last edited:
I still no confirmed but you can leave me there for now.

I have a few friends from work coming up as well.

For those in the Charlotte Area wanting to caravan, let's meet that morning at the Wilco/Hess on Albemarle Road at 8 am SHARP. The address is: 13354 Albemarle Rd, Mint Hill, NC 28227.

I have the day off but a list of things to do a mile long so most likely won't make it

The kids are out of school. I may be able to take the day off. If so, I'll be there with one or both kids. We'll bring two or three RC crawlers for lunchtime fun. We will most likely be driving a Mall-Rated non-Toyota vehicle. There...you have been warned.

The kids are out of school. I may be able to take the day off. If so, I'll be there with one or both kids. We'll bring two or three RC crawlers for lunchtime fun. We will most likely be driving a Mall-Rated non-Toyota vehicle. There...you have been warned.

So... You're saying you might need a little push on Daniel?

Maybe. I've not done Daniel in this vehicle of which we do not speak. I might be willing to try it. We'll see...

This being said, I will likely be parking the 40 during the portion of the day when we are going on the more difficult trails.

My desire it to hit the easier stuff (Wolf's Den and Falls Dam & Dickey Bell) stopping for lunch along the way and then hit the more challenging trails (Dutch John & Daniel) late in the day.

That being said, I have a friend and his son that might ride along with me. We all will need to pile in with some others when my truck is parked. Is it safe to assume a few of you with built rigs will have extra seats for us?

@JohnVee,

WTF? Did you go over to my house and break my water heater today while I've been at work? It was fine when I left the house. Sheesh!

@FJinTegaCay, I'll have room for a couple in my "built rig." It was built by either Italians (Fiat) or was it Germans (Diamler) in Mexico. Not sure which trails we'll do.

Last edited:
For me the luck of going up on Daniel's is one time and i burned my time already.

I've never been up Daniel. I'm content to stick to the easy/moderate trails if that's the consensus :) It's Veteran's Day; leave no cruiser behind! 'Merica!

He knows it's bad form to do anything but keep his word. Electrical fires be damned!

The Grilled Cheese. Even with the fires it always gets him where he wants - and through it all it looks better than most other vehicles. Man, sometimes I wish my 80 was white…

We all will need to pile in with some others when my truck is parked. Is it safe to assume a few of you with built rigs will have extra seats for us?

I meant to address this earlier, my bad! 3 posts in a row, I'm sure there's a rule against that… Anyhow, I only have 2 seats in my 80. I pulled the other 4 out and sent them to the Attic of Rare Return… Since Phil and I have a long drive back to Charleston after wheeling, we are quite happy to do the easy/moderate trails that you are comfortable taking your 40 on. This gives us a better chance of not breaking stuff.

OH, and that's not to say I won't put the seats back in if needed! Just let me know. 'Tis but a mere 4 bolts each...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom