Veterans Day Trail Ride - Tuesday, Nov. 11, 2014 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I will be at the Outpost at 9AM
I am staying at the barn so I will be there or thereabouts until then.
Looking forward to it real much.

We will try to be at the outpost around 9:45am.

Last edited:
Thought I'd be home by 2am. Looks more like 4am now. Somebody might need to drive my truck tomorrow while I pull a Sarah (aka sleep in the back on the trails).

...via IH8MUD app

I think she literally slept for 12 hours Friday night at Black Balsam. I was truly amazed.

That's nothing !

I can tote three riders in Bonnie if need be.

Everyone needs to be ready to roll out from Eldorado Outpost at 10 am SHARP. If you don't have a season pass, be sure to buy your day pass and grab a map. Plan to eat lunch on the trails.

If you are running late, you will need to catch up with us. My mobile is Seven Oh 4-77 Nine-49 Nine 9 but my reception is spotty at best.

Plans are to start on Wolf's Den and then hit Falls Dam and Dickey Bell. Josh and his crew will likely get a head start and we hope to catch them before lunch.

Drive Safe!

David,

Nathan and I will meet you guys at the Hess station at 8:00. See you there.

Dave

Since getting the new tower up about 5 weeks ago ( cell phone ) reception is so much better out there now. Still a few dead spots but not like before. Even got phone service at the Outpost now.

Mr Forrest and The Grilled Cheese.

image.jpg

Last edited:
We had perfect weather for hitting the trails today and the fall colors made for a scenic outing. We had a great turnout and I enjoyed seeing everyone and making some new friends.

As usual, Dickey Bell stole my mojo. Despite Rafael's coaching, I could not get past a certain point and had to use the winch. I've never wished I had power steering as much as I did today.

Here are a few pics of Rafael and Dave playing in the little mud hole.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I had a great time. Thanks david to put it together and get everything planned.

Here are a couple of pictures I took. @psbarger got quite a few as well. This was Phil's first time out wheeling - he has a lifted 40th Anniversary 80 with lockers and he's looking forward to bringing it out to play in the spring.

Getting ready to leave The Outpost. Once Eric J showed up, we were on the move. In his defense, Eric wasn't late - we all just arrived early and departed on time.
image.jpg

Took a quick break after Wolf's Den. We were truly moving at a quick pace.
image.jpg

In spite of Dave believing he held us up, he really did get out of this situation pretty quickly. Eric was standing by waiting to assist.
image.jpg

"There are way too many white vehicles on this trip"
-John Vee
image.jpg

Other than an oil leak that may or may not have been exacerbated by Dickey Bell, I believe Rafael suffered the worst damage... His lovely PS step is no longer perfect.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like you guys had a good time! I was very tempted to join, but had something that I could not avoid at work. I will be with a small group on Saturday, hope to see some of you guys there!

Good times. No pics from me worth a mention. Some highlights for me:
-Finally took the 80 up Dickey Bell without locking, and it was a pretty smooth trip. I remembered to gas/brake this time.
-Climbed the little hill cutout (assume launch position!) on the right side of Wolf's Den (or Falls Dam?). Anyone got pics or vid?
-Was late to the local rally point but still early to the Outpost.
-ALL of the bikes and quads we met were mannered and courteous. Possibly the greatest thing I took away from the trip.
-Though I never saw him due to our positions, @BillWright was actually on the trails! It was my first sighting.
- @forrest5000 was right - tall/skinny Swampers look good on a certain blue FJC.
- @fourtrax son, Garrett, drives pretty well. Not sure if Hannah took a turn or not.
- @fourtrax cursed me by talking about the side view mirror zip tie trick... 30 minutes later mine was shaking like an Eddie Money song.
--ALL of the bikes and quads we met were mannered and courteous. This bears repeating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom