Ultimate OEM 4X SERIES PARTS IN STOCK (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

May I ask what European equivalent you mean?
xexpress.fr

I have a theory that TOYOTA is actively phasing out all the older design and outdated filter element media designs and styles …

to eventually lead all Land Cruiser round Canister Filter owners to incorporate their CYCLONE 🌀 modern media type and green theme ECO concept of a Dry Element Toyota Air Filter that is washable and re-usable …

You literally can stop for lunch next to a nice rolling creek or small river , and hand wash per the Foil multi-language detailed step by steps on the top side …

I installed one in GHOST , and cleaned it as it says in my clean rolling brook water 💦 in my utility sink ….

You DO NOT use any pressurized water here , it’s like hand washing laundry when you go camping , pretty kool concept all in all !

It’s a high-flow type filter , hence TOYOTA using the CYCLONE word on the electronic parts catalog nomenclature…

It’s very heavy duty all in all too ….

View attachment 3528675View attachment 3528676View attachment 3528677
Ah thanks for this Matt! Sounds like a good reference and very cool to be able to wash it, I'll give it a try.

xexpress.fr

Ah thanks for this Matt! Sounds like a good reference and very cool to be able to wash it, I'll give it a try.

i should mention , the 17801- is the exact same size spec. and interchanges part number wise on your old air filter number , i run it in my FJ62 3FE and my non-usa 1983 FJ43L-KC canister air box set up too ....

same size OD dimensions

current usa toyota dealer MSRP is
30.99 ..... fyi

i find it amuzing that AMAZON
jacks it up to 40 dollars ......guess its all that free PRIME shipping we get all day long .... 😆

1704821345537.png

Reactions: flx
Thanks for the info!

I thought the gasket was available because most thread on waterpumps recommend to change it but I guess I'll live without.

For the air filter this is then very weird why they got me this answer... Now it's indicated as NLP o their website so no one can try to order it... 17801-60040 ⇒ ELEMENT FILTRE (1780160040) - https://www.xexpress.fr/ref-toyota-17801-60040.html

Last time I ordered it in 2022 it took more than a month to come so maybe they did not want to mess with that again... (but in the same time they indicated me a delay of 45 and 60 days on multiple other parts...). Maybe I'll try directly at a dealership but they are generally not very helpful on older parts.
I may also try to use 17801-68020, I'm pretty convinced it's the same form factor filter (with an extra outside grill protection) even if not indicated as a superseed (aftermarket filters often indicate both PN in their list of compatibility).

There are plenty of applications that are suitable replacements for the -60040 in the event it comes up NLA. The (3) I ordered for my home stash showed up today as planned.

There are plenty of applications that are suitable replacements for the -60040 in the event it comes up NLA. The (3) I ordered for my home stash showed up today as planned.

Kurt ,

in your experience and opinion , which OEM Toyota Round canister filter is the best , most heavy duty and filters the dust , dirt and finest of the fine particles of small matter all dry type ones do at one level or another ?

forget the whole hand wash and re-use topic here on this question , and NO oil bath ones either ....

i was under the impression the OEM CYCLONE-Spec ones , were all that and more ?

matt

Kurt ,

in your experience and opinion , which OEM Toyota Round canister filter is the best , most heavy duty and filters the dust , dirt and finest of the fine particles of small matter all dry type ones do at one level or another ?

forget the whole hand wash and re-use topic here on this question , and NO oil bath ones either ....

i was under the impression the OEM CYCLONE-Spec ones , were all that and more ?

matt

I suspect the 61030. It would be fun to actually flow test and long-term debris test. Given the way most use Cruisers in the US, any will suffice.

4EF5B91D-3EF0-43F8-AF41-A20D8BE5BCD3.jpeg

46410-60050, our part# PB60050

1707859202283.jpeg

She gone! :(

Fortunately we do have a Japanese aftermarket unit available as our part# PB60050JP ($57.50)

84310-60022. On the way to NLA or the GRH program? We shall see. It's dead in the US. AutoNation in Tempe has one. I didn't cast the net too far so other dealers may have them as well but it's not looking promising long term.

1708124779105.jpeg

Last edited:
84310-60022. On the way to NLA or the GRH program? We shall see. It's dead in the US. AutoNation in Tempe has one. I didn't cast the net too far so other dealers may have them as well but it's not looking promising long term.

View attachment 3559555

She dead :(

Our only hope would be to see this come back via GRH

🤷🏻‍♂️

I just got one from my local dealer yesterday..

I'm told it's CC:F9 aka discontinued via our local dealer and my Japan exporter said NLA, "no longer serviced by production".

Obviously they don't fall off of the dealer shelves and into a trash can when production stops so the "other dealers may have them as well but it's not looking promising long term" would apply. For example AutoNation still shows one in stock.

If you're buying local it's via SET and their facing warehouse is different than the traditional TMNA stuff so it's possible they have remaining inventory and possibly a continued line on stuff not avail to traditional dealers.

I'm told it's CC:F9 aka discontinued via our local dealer and my Japan exporter said NLA, "no longer serviced by production".

Obviously they don't fall off of the dealer shelves and into a trash can when production stops so the "other dealers may have them as well but it's not looking promising long term" would apply. For example AutoNation still shows one in stock.

If you're buying local it's via SET and their facing warehouse is different than the traditional TMNA stuff so it's possible they have remaining inventory and possibly a continued line on stuff not avail to traditional dealers.

I’m aware of this and believed you about the status, what I wrote was more in sadness then arguing. That switch is one of my favorite 40 parts, I love the metallic feel of them. Good thing the one I bought was for inventory, off to the Matt hoard it goes.

I’m aware of this and believed you about the status, what I wrote was more in sadness then arguing. That switch is one of my favorite 40 parts, I love the metallic feel of them. Good thing the one I bought was for inventory, off to the Matt hoard it goes.

Buy more if they have them, if not I will :D

Another one fades into history.

33403-69055->33403-60040 (our part# SPCB60040) which is a 6x15 speedometer driven gear. These were found on a variety of different Land Cruisers and one we commonly use to 're-calibrate' different Cruisers after doing gearing/tire swaps.

I've got some other 6x15 gears here I need to compare to the 33403-60040 to see if that will be a good interchange. We have a few more of the SPCB60040 if anyone needs one before they are gonzo.

View attachment 3528170
Hey Kurt, do you have any of your SPCB60040 left? I checked your store website and didnt see them listed.

Hey Kurt, do you have any of your SPCB60040 left? I checked your store website and didnt see them listed.

I can check when I'm back in town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom