Builds Turbo 3FE FJ80 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Im jelly. I wanna help....

I'd accept help but I can be really abrasive when working on cars. Especially if I am hungry at the same time.

I work on aircraft and im pretty sure my skin is made out of abrasive material so we would get along just fine. but regardless I live in California soooo that wont work.

I work on aircraft and im pretty sure my skin is made out of abrasive material so we would get along just fine. but regardless I live in California soooo that wont work.

Ya those are some tough logistics.

So after some head scratching and restless nights I figured out where to place the turbo and what needs to move in order to accommodate it. My EGR tube and some vacuum lines will have to be rerouted. Pretty simple over all. Well at least seams simple. Just ordered flanges and gaskets. I may actually be ready be ready for the June run.

I have read one or two turbo builds for the 3fe and placement was an issue for them because if the heat problems. You still in the process of creating the turbo manifold?

I have read one or two turbo builds for the 3fe and placement was an issue for them because if the heat problems. You still in the process of creating the turbo manifold?

Yes, it would have not been such an issue for placement, but I have a T3 turbine on a T4 compressor. I think I have a working idea for the manifold now

Geez Ron, I left half a year ago and you're still working on this? ;)

Well got the turbo sorted. Picked up a garret t4-e. Thanks for the referral to forced air tech @murf. They are really amazing guys.

Warning to CSC/@murf: That turbo shop, Forced Air Tech FAT, just burned me on a repair despite previously good experiences with them. FAT charged me $770 to repair a leak and replace a muffler. Make sure you get quotes in advance. I thought this was high considering I paid around the same amount for the whole exhaust system. Also, the new heavier muffler is now making the 3in exhaust hit the frame and is rattling when hot (the rubber hanger stretched), they haven't returned my 3 voice mails and emails.

Last edited:
Warning to CSC/@murf: That turbo shop, Forced Air Tech FAT, just burned me on a repair despite previously good experiences with them. FAT charged me $770 to repair a leak and replace a muffler. Make sure you get quotes in advance. I thought this was high considering I paid around the same amount for the whole exhaust system

:(

@LandCruiserPhil alerted me to this build. Fellow 3FE owner here and very interested in how this goes. My 3FE could use a little bit more power ;)

@LandCruiserPhil alerted me to this build. Fellow 3FE owner here and very interested in how this goes. My 3FE could use a little bit more power ;)
We already have more power Chase, well kinda, in that we don't have to drag an 80 around with our 3FE's! Ha!

Carry on, I'll be watching!

Test drive, when you're good-n-ready, count me in. Would love to experience your efforts and see if doing the same is in the cards for me.

Keep going!!!

Reminder....good to see you've got some momentum going. I'm happy to deliver a 6-pack just to see where you're at with this....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom