Builds Turbo 3FE FJ80 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Guestimating 1200 to get up and running. Test drives could be arranged;)

Test drive, when you're good-n-ready, count me in. Would love to experience your efforts and see if doing the same is in the cards for me.

Keep going!!!

Well just got word back from the turbo shop. The Toyota turbo is non repairable. So the search is on for another one. :bang:

Ron, lots of the guys in Australia upgrade their turbos, most are diesel, they might have a network to find one that has been removed for an upgrade.

Worth checking with the big board and ask.

Well got the turbo sorted. Picked up a garret t4-e. Thanks for the referral to forced air tech @murf. They are really amazing guys.

New catalytic converter and muffler order. All new exhaust will be done in 3 inch. Looks like my estimate of build cost was a little on the conservative side. Oh well :meh: it's only money right. Catalytic converter Flowmaster 2250230 $71.98 Muffler Summit Racing SUM-633253 $31.97

Running tally $1118.03

New catalytic converter and muffler order. All new exhaust will be done in 3 inch. Looks like my estimate of build cost was a little on the conservative side. Oh well :meh: it's only money right. Catalytic converter Flowmaster 2250230 $71.98 Muffler Summit Racing SUM-633253 $31.97

Running tally $1118.03

Most of us had to live on Ramen at one time or another, so don't let a budget deter you:beer:

Last edited:
Most of us he had to live on Ramen at one time or another, so don't let a budget deter you:beer:

I'm not stopping, but it is going to slow me down a little before I get to go fast.

It is really good with a scrambled egg and some veggies.

My son eats it almost daily, adds onion, peas, chicken, hoisin sauce and Sriracha.:)

With the garret's configuration I am going to cut most of the manifold away to make it as straight of a shot from the exhaust ports to the turbo. The EGR will have to be replumbed before the turbo. Unless at its age the extra emissions equipment can come out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom