Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'AZ- Copper State Cruisers' started by Dimples, Dec 21, 2016.
turbo love(r) for Ron~!
Well most of the emissions system is out of the way now to pull the intake and do some clean up and block off some unneeded holes.
Looks like you’ve already got some custom exhaust workin. I’ve got to figure out how to disassemble mine with the nuts being rusted out.
Yeah that’s how I got 3 out of 4. Got to figure out how to extract the stud in that tight space...
Ya I cut everything out up to point it goes over the frame in front of the firewall. Then the two flanges came out relatively drama free
Well took the intake manifold off for cleaning. While I have it off going to adjust the valves, clean and paint the valve cover, and replace some hard to reach hoses. My waste gate is water cooled so this is probably a good time to consider plumbing for that.
I color coded my vacuum schematics so I know what is going and what is staying. Yellow is fuel system, and is colored just for clarity. Green is staying and red is eliminated. Should make life and troubleshooting easier.
And in a few months, all of Canada. Watching this thread from up north
Of all the weird stuff to slow me down. I didn’t think the valve cover would be an issue, but here I am. The valve cover is made up of two pieces of steel one inside the other with a very narrow gap between them. The inside piece acts like an oil seperator and splash guard with several holes along its lower edge for oil to drip back down. The narrow passage feeds the pcv and main crank ventilation tubes, or should. Problem is the passages are all clogged up with soot and carbon. My 3fe probably hasn’t had pcv working for years.
Also an issue if EGR gets plugged or otherwise doesn't breath well.
Side note, on an early EFI Z car I lost a few MPG when I tried defeating the EGR but just 'knew' I was getting more power. EGR valve seat later clogged and started sticking open which caused poor idle and lean running... lol. So I went full circle, put all the smog stuff back on and the car started running better. Sometimes the Japanese knew what they were doing.
Here is the valve cover painted after I got all the carbon removed from the passageways. Used carbon-off which is some serious stuff. It is also a very effective paint stripper.
The red matches my accent stripes.
Got the valves adjusted. Now I need to reroute some misrouted cables and the valve cover goes back on.
Valve cover back home.
Looks sweet! Nice Job Ron!!!
Looking great Ron
Intake manifold reinstalled after some cleaning.
Cleaned up the wiring mess that was the VSVs. I eliminated two of the 3 so only the Fuel Pressure VSV remains.
wiring separated and half loomed
Wiring fully loomed and new VSV location
Inter cooler install location
Received some aluminum stock today so I was able to start machining my throttle spacer plate/additional fuel injector holder. Made pretty good progress. Just meet to machine a fuel rail tomorrow.