Builds Tucker and Roma's 75 FJ40 Restore (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Roma is doing great job on frame build up. Next is to get body back from Welder. Welder is replacing right rear quarter panel with original OME found on-line, repairing real ambulance door seal, patching miscellaneous holes from PO, and filling in radio slot back to original dimensions. PO had enlarged for new radio install. Will post weld repair pics soon.

Does anyone have dimensions of original radio slot? Thanks.

Quarter Panel welding

Attached are s few pics with new OME quarter panel welded in place. The greenish tint is a rust inhibitor put on by welder. Also, pulled third member and we are replacing 4.11 gears with 3.7.
DSC02717d.jpg
DSC02723.jpg
DSC02706d.jpg

Went over the rear chassis harness inch by inch soldered and heat shrunk to places that needed attention and rewrapped the whole harness. Heat shrunk ground cable from starter to frame. Powder coated transfer shifter and shift gate. Replaced transfer linkage ball joints and boots. Replaced bell housing mounts and hardware. Replaced all hard lines at rear two Toyota and two I made. Replaced rear wheel cylinders wheel bearings and axle seals. Got a trans to transfer case hose from shipmag. (Thanks!)

IMAG1166.jpg

IMAG1167.jpg

IMAG1168.jpg

IMAG1169.jpg

IMAG1170.jpg

IMAG1171.jpg

IMAG1172.jpg

IMAG1173.jpg

IMAG1175.jpg

IMAG1176.jpg

Last edited:
Roll bar and trans tunnel powder coated black. Also powder coated all four sear frames and seat pans getting new upholstery next week. Also powder coated seat risers for the passenger seat and got q new seat extension kit for the driver from metric TLC.

IMAG1179.jpg

IMAG1178.jpg

IMAG1177.jpg

Such a nice truck Roma-i'd expect nothing less from you. I'm not a fan of white letters on tires, but the rest sure makes up for it.

Thanks everyone things have been moving a bit slower than id like (been doing some much needed work to my fj60) but here is were we are at. This cruiser had quiet a few random holes on various body panels so I welded them up. This is my first sheet metal welding experience. It had two large holes in the bib, an extra hole in the hood for a secondary washer nozzle. Holes in the fenders and aprons for turn signal guards multiple holes in the ambulance doors and windshield frame for random storage pockets and grab handles. You get the point. I did get all of them welded up just didn't take photos of each one.

IMAG1218.jpg

IMAG1219.jpg

IMAG1220.jpg

IMAG1222.jpg

IMAG1227.jpg

IMAG1226.jpg

IMAG1225.jpg

IMAG1224.jpg

Last edited:
Interior of the tub sprayed at linex facility with color match. Bottom side of tub was linexed black before we put it on the frame.

IMAG1234.jpg

IMAG1235.jpg

IMAG1236-1.jpg

IMAG1237.jpg

IMAG1238.jpg

IMAG1239.jpg

Trans cover installed sealled with insulation tape.(will not hold moisture). Powder coated roll bar installed with new hardware.

IMAG1280-1.jpg

IMAG1277.jpg

IMAG1276.jpg

IMAG1278.jpg

IMAG1279.jpg

IMAG1281.jpg

Last edited:
Tucker is getting an amazing deal on powder coating so I am doing anything and everything. Even coated the fuel cover, bib, windshield frame, aprons etc just to have a durable base coat since parts were all sand blasted. Took the pedal assembly apart.

IMAG1567.jpg

IMAG1568.jpg

IMAG1569.jpg

Pedal assembly together with new stoppers, pads, and heat shrink on harness clamps.

IMAG1571.jpg

IMAG1572.jpg

IMAG1578.jpg

tag bracket powder coated. New Toyota light fixtures and covers. Since this is a 75 model this tag will be registered and used.

IMAG1570.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom