Truck Trend 6 SUV comparision includes a LC (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think the NorCal guys should take this Thai guy and bring him along for one of their trips they do in the deserts...and leave him their stranded after he high-centers and busts one of his axles (locked) trying to get out.... :D

Now, that would be ironical.

GO back to MB world dude....oh wait, they don't like you there either... :doh: :crybaby:

Back to lurking...

EDIT: But we're not jerks and mean spirited like you seem to be...so I guess they'd help you out after all. :rolleyes:

Thai being pulled out by a Jeep.

Why did you get stuck there?

thaistuck.jpg

:D

To quote Billy Madison

"Mr. Thai, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!"

Trollhole said:
Thai being pulled out by a Jeep.

Why did you get stuck there?

thaistuck.jpg

:D

Yup, i got stuck in mud. Who hasn't?? That was posted by TexGX on my forum on our previous trip to Liberty TEXAS. Everyone got stuck. Well, maybe if i was in a TLC100, i would not have been.:D As you can see, in our group, we post pics of each other's accomplishments and failures alike. We don't hide the truth.

Trollhole...you're doing your research. Good, keep searching.

August 10, 2005

Moderators, IH8MUD Forum
www.ih8mud.com

Derek Lee
Elk Grove, CA

RE: respectfully request removal of troll pest problem

To Whom It May Concern:

In the past few months the membership of this forum has been subjected to the immature wailings of a spoiled Mercedes owner who, in an effort to satisfy his own feelings of inadequacy, has attempted to undermine the spirit and good will of this community for his own ends. He contributes nothing of value and only serves to turn people off to the forum, which is detrimental both to the site as well as the Land Cruiser community in general. In addition, he has recently admitted to being guilty of the practice of "trolling." Therefore, we ask that you please attend to this problem at your earliest convenience.

Thank you and best regards, :flipoff2:

Last edited:
beno said:
EDIT: But we're not jerks and mean spirited like you seem to be...so I guess they'd help you out after all. :rolleyes:

Heh, yeah, us NorCal guys are too nice. Must come from living in the land of fruits and nuts!

Guys, got room for Thai on the Coyote Flats trip? No Marty, don't bring your rifles...

Thai,

If you ever make it up to Idaho I'd sure like to wheel with you. We don't see too many G500s up this way. I might see one or two a year. I'm definitely not in a financial position to own one and if I was and still residing where I do I wouldn't own one. Because all cars break and there aren't hardly any Benz dealers out here. Toyota dealers are tough to find too, but not that tough. Idaho has 1, Montana and Wyoming have 0 now, I'm guessing ND probably doesn't have any, and SD probably has one in Rapid. So getting service in this neck of the woods would be darn right impossible. Even the dealer we have in Idaho is probably pretty unfamiliar with them as I bet they've sold less than a dozen since they've been importing them. I'd sure like to see one on the trail. There are a lot of rigs I'd like to wheel with just to see their limitations and where they might shine. Sort of like wheeling with Shotts, I had never wheeled with a 100 before. I will say I had my doubts, but the vehicle performed great. Now the driver on the other hand :)

One question I had for you, and I'm surprised nobody else brought it up. You know the GX470 isn't the same as a 100 series right? The LX470 would be the LC 100 series cousin.

As for the whole Truck Trend thing, advertising dollars pay for write ups. It may be argued that they don't but it is hard to find good unbiased tests. Right now I'm working on a class on research methods and it is amazing how easy it is to screw up perfectly good testing methods.

Eric V.

dclee said:
August 10, 2005

Moderators, IH8MUD Forum
www.ih8mud.com

Derek Lee
Elk Grove, CA

To Whom It May Concern:

In the past few months the membership of this forum has been subjected to the immature wailings of a spoiled Mercedes owner who, in an effort to satisfy his own feelings of inadequacy, has attempted to undermine the spirit and good will of this community for his own ends. He contributes nothing of value and only serves to turn people off to the forum, which is detrimental both to the site as well as the Land Cruiser community in general. In addition, he has recently admitted to being guilty of the practice of "trolling." Therefore, we ask that you please attend to this problem at your earliest convenience.

authored&signed,
dclee

signed,
firsttoy,

dclee said:
August 10, 2005

Moderators, IH8MUD Forum
www.ih8mud.com

Derek Lee
Elk Grove, CA

To Whom It May Concern:

Try not replying to his posts. That'd be a start.

dclee said:
Hmmm, I actually have Thai filtered out so I don't see his posts

How does one go about doing this? I would love to be able to do this. Can you choose who to filter or are you just filtering out threads that they have posted in the past?

Edit: Never mind, I found the Ignore list on the User CP section. That's a great feature! No more Thai!!! :flipoff2:

Want to ignore Thai?

Why, just click right here!

It's what all the cool kids are doing.

Gumby said:
Try not replying to his posts. That'd be a start.

I don't anymore. Unfortunately, the ignore feature still shows that he has posted, though I don't read them, but I do see all the reactions of others on the forum to his drivel. That's hard to ignore (even if he himself is easy to ignore).

Cruiserhead05 said:
Thai,

respond to post #95......puuuuulease.

Brandon: RELAX. He's not worth it (with all do respect). Here's why: Per MB, the G500 has 8-inches travel from both axles. A stock Cruiser has:
80:
9.5 F
12.5 R
RTI was right about 600 (don't know the exact #)

100:
7.5 F
13.0 R
RTI was 568 (or 563, it was 560-something)

Modified? You know the results. $700 on an 80 and $1000 on a 100 and you're running 35-inchers. You know what it takes to run a 35 on a G500? WOW!

Cruiserhead05 said:
Thai,

respond to post #95......puuuuulease.

Did not see a question to respond to. I will PM you.

Schotts...blah, blah...real world results. You assume too much from your specs.

Last edited:
Thai,

You are funny. You are the one webwheeling and keep quoting specs, but when I post the specs of the G such as crawl ratio, fording depth, suspension travel, lateral slope and grade capabilities as listed by MB USA you then change the topic and claim them to be conservative.

Then you keep going on and on about stock vs stock, yet you change the 18" mall cruiser wheels with 31" highway tires to 16 wheels with A/T tires. Part of my argument is that you will run out of tire before you need, lockers anyhow. So yours is no longer stock, so why does anybody else have to be?

SO finally since you are so damn set on proving something to the Cruiser/Toyota community about you and your G.......
http://www.realcruiser.com/surfnturf/index.php
Show up or shutup!!!!

With all the hours you spend on writing posts and emails, you might as well make the trip down to Cali. Dont try and PM your way out of this one. Prove that you are not a troll!!! I have laid down the challenge now. End of discussion.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'll bet he'll show up to an event with 150 or so Land Cruisers and their obsessive owners ;) Gawd help him, I don't think him or the MB would ever be seen again - well except maybe on Discovery Channel in 2050...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom