Truck Trend 6 SUV comparision includes a LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hmmm, I actually have Thai filtered out so I don't see his posts (unless I want to, which I don't), but I saw this quoted in Longhorn's post (thanks man, why did you have to quote the guy and bring his drivel back into my plane of sight??? :flipoff2: ).

Technically, Thai is correct here. He has never overtly put down the Cruiser, either 80 or 100. Instead, he uses a clever mechanism whereby he brings up his G and then goes off about how superior it is the the 80 or 100. Doesn't say they're bad, just says the G is better. This, IMHO, is not merely defending his choice of truck, but going out of his way to say why it is better than ours. That is the fundamental difference and is out of place on a Land Cruiser forum, and also showcases his poor Netiquette. If he wants to go to some G forum and tout the superiority of his truck over the Cruiser to appease his small-phallus ego, then more power to him, I say! :cheers:

Thai said:
Well, IF you have been off-roading enough, then you will know that pictures don't do justice to the actual terrain. :rolleyes: And there were plenty of vehicles out there (lifted 4runners, GX, Hummers, etc.) that had a lot trouble. I guess that everyone on this forum is a professional off-roader. If so, then i bow to you guys.:)

So, before assuming things, maybe you should give people the benefit of the doubt.

And when did i talk bad about TLC?? When did i insult it?? I am defending the G500 against false assumptions.

Shotts pics look like way more challenging terrain than the pics of your G, so if the pictures are decieving, I still come to the conclusion that the 100 can handle way tougher terrain than the G.

Notice how this forum is so defensive when anyone even comes close to questioning TLC100's off-road prowess. :rolleyes:

Guess you haven't noticed, as many have mentioned, multiple times, in this thread alone, that this is a 100 series forum. Of coures 100 series enthusiasts will be defensive of their vehicles. Like I said before, if you can't get over that fact, you might consider spending your time in a G related forum, instead of spending your time here.

I could have sworn that i did not mention anything about my G500 being "superior" to TLC100 in this thread until Shotts took shots at me and my truck. I don't even think that i even mentioned in this thread where my G500 is superior to TLC.

In fact, i supported y'all's opinion on the Truck Trend comparison.

Thai said:
I could have sworn that i did not mention anything about my G500 being "superior" to TLC100 in this thread until Shotts took shots at me and my truck. I don't even think that i even mentioned in this thread where my G500 is superior to TLC.

In fact, i supported y'all's opinion on the Truck Trend comparison.

My last name says it all. ;p (So do my pictures :D )

Thai said:
I am defending the G500 against false assumptions.

. :rolleyes:

Thai, you spent 80K on a SUV and obviously you're happy with it and that's great, there's no need to defend your G500, and no need to be defensive with anything you own...People have their opinions that's the way things are...They're not going to sell their cruisers for the Gs and you are not going to sell your G for a cruiser...What you're doing is like going to every religious forums and defending your own religious...In the end you only get your blood pressure up and even more negative thoughts about what you're trying to defend at the 1st place...Go out and do some more wheelings, dude.

Opinion is like an ass, everybody has one and obviously everybody here don't want to have an ass like yours. Hehehe.

/td

td,

Is this not an open forum?? Like i said before, if you guys feel offended, then why not just ban all non-TLC owners and then request VIN numbers before registering.

I know how it is...having a troll is a pain in the butt...and i am one of them in this forum. But, unlike others, i have not insulted anyone wihtout cause. I have not openly insulted the TLC (as stated above by dclee). Have i defended the G500?? Yes. Any converts?? I did not expect any. However, like being a devil's advocate, i am here to provide more balance to the discussion, instead of one-way slamming of a vehicle.

For example, you guys slammed the crap out of the Touareg, LR3, Hummer H3, PowerWagon, etc.. Is it fair?? No. Wouldn't it be more interesting to have a different viewpoint?? To have someone say that vehicle "A" is not as bad as you guys say it is.

Don't you guys want to be like "FOX NEWS"...FAIR AND BALANCE??:D

Is my blood pressure up?? No. Am i angry?? No. You guys seem to have more issues than me. I am having fun with this discussion/debate.:) (I am sure Shotts is having a fun time too.)

No harm...no foul, right?:)

mustardfj40 said:
Thai,

Opinion is like an ass, everybody has one and obviously everybody here don't want to have an ass like yours. Hehehe.

/td

You checkin out my ass???? :princess:

j/k :flipoff2:

mustardfj40 said:
Are you gay or a gal???

/td

Neither!!! That's why I was worried :D

Thai,

I find it very convenient how you will argue almost every single post that doesnt go in favor of the G.

Please, just for me, address post #95, and more specifically the final sentence of it. I just want your opinions.

Thai said:
td,

Is this not an open forum?? Like i said before, if you guys feel offended, then why not just ban all non-TLC owners and then request VIN numbers before registering.

I know how it is...having a troll is a pain in the butt...and i am one of them in this forum. But, unlike others, i have not insulted anyone wihtout cause. I have not openly insulted the TLC (as stated above by dclee). Have i defended the G500?? Yes. Any converts?? I did not expect any. However, like being a devil's advocate, i am here to provide more balance to the discussion, instead of one-way slamming of a vehicle.

For example, you guys slammed the crap out of the Touareg, LR3, Hummer H3, PowerWagon, etc.. Is it fair?? No. Wouldn't it be more interesting to have a different viewpoint?? To have someone say that vehicle "A" is not as bad as you guys say it is.

Don't you guys want to be like "FOX NEWS"...FAIR AND BALANCE??:D

Is my blood pressure up?? No. Am i angry?? No. You guys seem to have more issues than me. I am having fun with this discussion/debate.:) (I am sure Shotts is having a fun time too.)

No harm...no foul, right?:)

Most of us cruisers do not go to other competetors forums and want to know why they think their vehicles are better than ours. It just stirs up trouble. Being nice and stiring up trouble only makes members mad and bad carma for the board. How do you think Jeep and hummer sites would feel if we went and posted the same things you are saying. You think they would be happy about it. ven being nice your still stiring up trouble. You brought this up first when you mentioned your ride. You knew it would spark all this crap. It only turns potential cruiserheads away from this board and thats not what anyone wants. You have said what you have said. Leave it at that and be a bigger man and stop needing to put the last word in. You will never win. :flipoff2:

mustardfj40 said:
Thai, you spent 80K on a SUV and obviously you're happy with it and that's great,
/td

He is obviously UNhappy with it or else why would he need to constantly justify his purchase with misleading rti ramp picks against a stock GX and photos of CO trails he had to lock up for, same trails Derek ran in his Mercedes... SL 'vert sportscar.

He's been invited to wheel with LC's in Texas, CA, CO, UT, AZ but prefers to troll around this forum instead.

Proof is in the wheeling, where skill makes the difference and the smack-talk stops real quick when a guy is soiling his tighty-whities. Deep down, Thai knows he comes up short which is why he prefers the security of webwheeling manufacturer&car rag propoganda.

FirstToy said:
He's been invited to wheel with LC's in Texas, CA, CO, UT, AZ but prefers to troll around this forum instead.

Texas?? Uhhh...i invited both forums (TLC80 and TLC100) last time out...no one showed up.:D As for RTI pics, feel free to PM anyone on that trip on my forum...you know all of them, Firstoyz.:)

FirstToy, if you have something to say about me (like Bulldog has), then feel free to PM me...stop hiding behind this forum.:)

Last post in this thread...i promise.:D

Last edited:
Thai -

I'm up for wheeling with you since I live in Houston. I'll keep the LX stock even with running boards and chrome rims.

Next time you guys head out to (Sam Houston?), PM me.

lol, who is hiding behind forums? It isn't me. Don't smack talk, wheel it.

As for the rti pics, The owner of the GX already said it. I'm sure he and the rest of the group appreciate you smack talking them on the MB forum.

""Ok Thai,

Way to twist the information. In the picture of the GX on the ramp, you failed to mention that I did not have a spotter and my bumper had caved in so I stoped and looked at the damage. If I had a spotter like you did, I would have spanked you like a step child. And you hit your bumper on the ramp also. In the Truck Trend or Four Wheeler Magazine, the GX was only beaten by the Jeep Rubicon on the ramp test. It beat the G55. Now I expect a full write up next time you want to impress you MB friends. "

Thai said:
or crying out loud, i linked to MB thread on PAGE 3. Geez...talking about lacking reading comprehension.

...after bulldog-yota busted you on it.
sorry you got caught trying to mislead but cowboy-up and admit it, don't be man-gina and play it off like you weren't trying to show "the CRYSTAL CLEAR RTI ramp picture".

EDIT: added link
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showpost.php?p=621779&postcount=67

Last edited:
FirstToy said:
...after bulldog-yota busted you on it.
sorry you got caught trying to mislead but cowboy-up and admit it, don't be man-gina and play it off like you weren't trying to show "the CRYSTAL CLEAR RTI ramp picture".

FirstToyz, the LINK to the MB forum was way before anyone mentioned it (bottom of page 3)...dumb dumb. Look at the DATE of the post. :rolleyes: Since you're probably blind too, let me help you out:

"07-27-2005 03:46 AM"

TexGX admitted that the picture IS correct...see the rest of that thread on my site.

Now, for further evidence, compare that date to the post i made on Benzworld.org:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1219423&posts=6

Get it now??!! It's not rocket science. :rolleyes:

Take it to PM, FirsToyz.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom