LC 100 Jerks (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there, Recently i purchased a LC100. Car Jerks while stepping on the gas, and while changing from R-N-D. Didn't notice any jerk when gear changes while driving. I have a 2006 model with 466550km.

Already changed propeller shaft cross joint, still the issue is not fixed

Did you try lubricating the center front and rear axle shafts and joint? I heard that helps relatively easy to do, it's on my next todo

Did you try lubricating the center front and rear axle shafts and joint? I heard that helps relatively easy to do, it's on my next todo

Yes it was done when i took my car for service, today i took the car to another service center as per them it can be from the transmission (gearbox) :( But they are not sure.

Oh, sorry. I thought you were looking for some specific folks on the forum.
Grease your shafts , dude
I had exact same issue , after greasing u-joints and slip yokes it went away .
Also, check transmission fluid ; just to be safe

Oh, sorry. I thought you were looking for some specific folks on the forum.

Yeah, same. Like a roll call or something!

OP, have a look at any and all of the connecting bushings in the rear control arms and the front diff bushings. If you have someone that can change through R-N-D (and you trust them!), watch those areas underneath the truck. At 466K+, it's very possible they're all toast.

Have you checked your drive flanges and spindle, how the condition of the teeth are? If they are not tight as can get worn with real high mileage, it can cause play when you go forward from still, or move to reverse.

Have you checked your drive flanges and spindle, how the condition of the teeth are? If they are not tight as can get worn with real high mileage, it can cause play when you go forward from still, or move to reverse.
Let me get that checked, this is something that i have not got checked yet

My car is in the service center now, will ask them to check on the below.

1. Greasing u-joints and slip yokes.
2. Drive flanges and spindle.
3. Engine & Gearbox mounts.

I can see in the forum that many are facing similar issue.

I Will post the outcome of my service center visit.

Would appreciate if some one can help with the brake as well. I have a very poor braking distance. Did bleeding of the brake and got the oil changed as well. Also got the brake booster (A Black Round part ) replaced.

Front diff bushing - and likely only the front center one. Put a device taking video down there looking at it while you switch between P-R-D. If a loose bushing is making the sound you'll be able to see it move with the sound

I have an 06 and to be honest when I start her up, and go to P -> R, I always hold the brake and give it a good 3 seconds before I execute.

And similarly when I go from R -> D to drive forward, I always give it another 3 seconds, while holding the brake, to let the gears lock in before I push the gas. If I just gas it right after I get into gear, then it has a knock. But giving the gears some time, I don't have issues.

I have an 06 and to be honest when I start her up, and go to P -> R, I always hold the brake and give it a good 3 seconds before I execute.

And similarly when I go from R -> D to drive forward, I always give it another 3 seconds, while holding the brake, to let the gears lock in before I push the gas. If I just gas it right after I get into gear, then it has a knock. But giving the gears some time, I don't have issues.
Yep, I do exactly the same

I get the jerk as soon i change gear from R->D still holding the brake

This video shows the "clunk" from wheel flanges and CV axle. I bought new CV axle and flanges and plan to do them this weekend, including new bearings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom