Trail Tailor Offerings (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes it is.

@bdyer12 and I were talking last night and he made a good comment. "This mod is better than any motor swap combo, it just makes the car modern"

J

It's better than modern. It's everything you want to retain from an era with everything you want to add from the present.

80 axle/coils swapped over today. @matthews940 and AJ have both helped out tremendously on this little project with me being sick the last 7-8 days. These are my custom TourFlex 2" tapered wire lift coils. We designed it based off a 2" lift. So if you want a 1" lift ... Order a 1" lift coil... Want a 3" lift... order a 3" lift coil. Perfect 1" rake on this rig. Should dial in around 4 degrees of caster and ride amazing with the custom tapered TourFlex coils

We tested 3 coil sets today and we are at a perfect inch to inch ratio. Stock coils-- NO LIFT , 2" lift coils-- 2" lift, 3" lift coils-- 3" lift.

Kit is pictured and what will come with all TT front coil packages (TD solid adj. panhard additional)

Front complete bracket kit will be $935.00 PLUS SHIPPING- (taxes apply if in CA)

2- shock/coil buckets
1- PS support bar with bracket
1- Panhard bracket
2- Rear Radius arm brackets
2- "Stock" transmission adapter brackets

All brackets are frame indexed and direction oriented for ease of fitup and installation.

Jason

View attachment 2197789

View attachment 2197797

View attachment 2197798

View attachment 2197799
View attachment 2197800
I wanna do this with an 80 rear and my 62 series front o_Oo_Oo_O

Wow, just wow. I need on this list. Before I go search for 80 series axles... did you mention your working on a coil spring conversion for the stock 60 axles?

I'll be working on a 60 axle coil conversion in the next couple of months. We'll probably convert @Matthews940 to coils and keep the 60 axles.... HA!

Jason

What would be the main reason to keep a 60 axle versus going to an 80 axle? Width? The part-time hubs? being able to retain a stock wheel or 15 inch wheel? Or something else?

@Kmonty66 AJ and I made custom extended front sway bar brackets for the front 80 sway bar this morning. Suspension cycles beautifully from coils 1" off/loose from the buckets to 2" compressed.

New Proforged TREs, all new bushes and new MOOG sway links and bolts.

Got most everything welded out this morning too.

J

Front Coil.jpg
IMG_20200201_102304443.jpg
IMG_20200201_121131469.jpg
IMG_20200201_121145928.jpg
IMG_20200201_121137205.jpg

What would be the main reason to keep a 60 axle versus going to an 80 axle? Width? The part-time hubs? being able to retain a stock wheel or 15 inch wheel? Or something else?
I don’t see any advantage in rear you can get an 80 FF w/ disc brakes.
Only advantage I can see for front IIRC, the 80 diff is a different size and may not be as strong (correct me if wrong). You can get part time hubs like TT is doing for me, just have to cut birf

Budget mainly...

You can easily convert the 80 axle to free wheel hubs. Just have to make sure you use the proper era 80 birfs or you can also do it without AISIN hubs and go with AVM hubs, but I'd do a lot of research on how many of the AVMs are broken after a few wheeloing trips. Several 80 and 100 guys have had issues with the AVM hubs when they converted to part time.

I can supply proper length birfs (whether early birfs Pre 4/94 or we can in house machine newer birfs to the proper length) You can buy the bulletproof AISIN hubs from @cruiseroutfit or I can source them for you as well (may be a tad higher in price from me)

Width is a concern for some customers, but there are remedies one way or another. Wheels and spacers of all degrees these days. I prefer the wider more aggressive stance.

60 axles will be plug and play without as much initial upfront cost and the rework of brakes, master and proportioning valve like 80 axles. But will require more "cut and clean" work. However, I'd recommend better brakes "while you were in there.."

Plus for guys that have regeared, have installed CrMo axles or added lockers (for front), the expense is not repeated going to a 80 axle. They are already set and ready to roll.

J

I don’t see any advantage in rear you can get an 80 FF w/ disc brakes.
Only advantage I can see for front IIRC, the 80 diff is a different size and may not be as strong (correct me if wrong). You can get part time hubs like TT is doing for me, just have to cut birf

The only advantage is cost outlined above (but with drums) and for those wanting a stock width... They get the benefit of the ride quality.

J

I'm thinking better brakes would be nice ,disc in the rear is definitely nice not sure how much better the 80 front brakes are than the 60s, does this open up any better brake upgrade options vs the 60 and the tundra upgrade?

I'm thinking better brakes would be nice ,disc in the rear is definitely nice not sure how much better the 80 front brakes are than the 60s, does this open up any better brake upgrade options vs the 60 and the tundra upgrade?

K,

I offer upgrades to the 100 calipers and pads. Larger pads and IMO way better stopping.

J

JUST A QUICK NOTICE!!!!!!!!!!!

SUPERBOWL SUNDAY SALE--- FREE SHIPPING ON ALL WEBSITE ORDERS!

This only applies for order purchased through the website and ONLY ORDERS PLACED TOMORROW!

Hawaii, Kansas and Alaska and International do NOT APPLY.

CODE AT CHECK OUT IS --- FREESHIP

Jason

Last edited:
The only advantage is cost outlined above (but with drums) and for those wanting a stock width... They get the benefit of the ride quality.

J
I’m definitely your target audience with this. I have no problem with the 60 brakes or axles... I just want coil springs. Like really really want them. When time opens up I want on your list J

🤣 What did Kansas do?!

So as Ive told a couple Kansas customers ------- sorry and go vote those idiots out of office. Maybe if the Koch brothers had to pay taxes on their billions in profits each year that state would be in a better financial state.

I don't need the headache for the extreme small amount of sales I receive from Kansas. I'm not singling out Kansas, but if another state becomes STUPID I will not sell there either.

J

Last edited:
Damn. And I thought CA was bad

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom