Builds Trail Tailor- Custom Armor Build plus a few things (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Correct and a good choice for most applcations

@RDC76 is a Factor 55 dealer. I get all my stuff through him.

J

Thanks J! And I run that 1.5 hawse on all my bumpers that have synthetic line as well. 90% of the bumpers I build for customers go out with that unless they are running rollers and steel line. Very good product and ill give 10% off any Facotor55 product for fellow mud members.

Thanks

Rich

Factor55 makes a fairlead that is 1.5" thick

I love these guys... I have visited their shop here... Great guys to do business with.

I really like the 1.5" Factor 55 for the fitment into my bumper - the extra depth gives much better clearance on tight winching angles...

More progress with my distributorship with TGT. These bumpers (shown are made in Perth!!!)

upload_2017-4-25_16-8-33.png

upload_2017-4-25_16-9-12.png

upload_2017-4-25_16-9-46.png

If you look closely you'll see provisions for headlight washers to snap in. Headlight washers used to sound silly to me but they're surprisingly nice to have depending on the terrain. Blasting through dusty Baja, give your headlight spritz.

Granted, if you're driving through Baja at night you better have serious auxiliary lumens anyways to avoid napping animals on the road.

NICE!

Front is about done. Tow points installed, upper wing to frame tube braces are in.

Rigid LEDs are marked out, Washer spout locations are moved and will finish the winch mount up. Bumper as shown weighs in at 106# and I figure another 14# for the winch mount and supports.

J

IMG_20170426_135046081.jpg
IMG_20170426_135158982.jpg

Bumper looks amazing. Only thing I don't get is it seems like it gives back a bunch of awesome approach angle with those yuuuge tow points...?

Bumper looks amazing. Only thing I don't get is it seems like it gives back a bunch of awesome approach angle with those yuuuge tow points...?

Imagine a fairlead and a Prolink/hook/ect sticking out of that winch hole, they would protrude farther than the shackle mounts. Plus, I could probably bury those mounts into solid rock with the force of an 8000# Land Cruiser and not damage anything if I was so inclined so I doubt they'll cause any issues :)

Imagine a fairlead and a Prolink/hook/ect sticking out of that winch hole, they would protrude farther than the shackle mounts. Plus, I could probably bury those mounts into solid rock with the force of an 8000# Land Cruiser and not damage anything if I was so inclined so I doubt they'll cause any issues :)

A Prolink is 3.95" alone. Add 1-1.5" for fairlead thickness.... Even if you went with a traditional hawse and a Flat-link I'm still an 1/8" tighter with the tow points than that combination. One a straight on approach the tow points are 11/16" (which I could trim an additional 1/8") in front of the upper shell.

J

A Prolink is 3.95" alone. Add 1-1.5" for fairlead thickness.... Even if you went with a traditional hawse and a Flat-link I'm still an 1/8" tighter with the tow points than that combination. One a straight on approach the tow points are 11/16" (which I could trim an additional 1/8") in front of the upper shell.

J

Ya, I see from a different angle shot that the portion just below the tow points comes out a bit anyway. Straight-on shots gave me the impression the tow points were forward f that...but they are not.

Ya, I see from a different angle shot that the portion just below the tow points comes out a bit anyway. Straight-on shots gave me the impression the tow points were forward f that...but they are not.

Yeah the top pic has an optical illusion type thing going on. The other pics Jason emailed me look more like the 2nd pic posted, where they don't stick out that much at all.

@reevesci ; so I am showing this bumper to my son and explaining how what he's learning in geometry is applicable in real life....and he wanted to know if you actually sit down and sketch all this out, calculating the angles (and compound angles) of each cut - or are you an artist who can just "see it" in their mind and you start fabricating?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom