Builds Trail Tailor- Custom Armor Build plus a few things (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That and any 270* awning will be be blocked, they're usually not aim-able so you can't shine light exactly where you want, wire routing sucks, ect.. Just personal preference. I'm sure there are benefits.

J will have to answer which mount it is. The light is a Rigid D-SS flood I bought (along with flush mount D-series spotties for the front bumper) from the Mud sponsor MRT. Got a great deal from them and I'm a Rigid fan.
D-SS | Flood Surface White Black | Rigid Industries

Light pole--Hand made by yours truly.

J

Light pole--Hand made by yours truly.

J

Awesome!

Would there be any way to make one where the wire is contained within the pole? That might restrict telescoping...but I wonder. What do you think? Perhaps just a larger diameter pole?

Awesome!

Would there be any way to make one where the wire is contained within the pole? That might restrict telescoping...but I wonder. What do you think? Perhaps just a larger diameter pole?

Tony will be getting 3' of flex coil cord (think telephone cord) to tie into his Rigid. It can be put inside or outside the tube. I'm at the gorge trout fishing now with the SIL but will post a pic of the cord when we get back.

J

Light cord.

J

IMG_20170415_174434739.jpg

Family is finally GONE! While I appreciated the extra set of hands in the shop this weekend, I can work at my pace now and not have to be watching 2-3 things at once.

Got the stock front bumper removed, taped off, frame plates made and the center section started.

J

IMG_20170418_091832577.jpg
IMG_20170418_101126470.jpg

Also, started on the rear shock guards.

Tony and @RS6tofj80 and a few others have made comments on these. So, I may have these available soon as well. Tony and E are guaranteed a set...

I hope to have a tailgate on its way from TX and will finalize the tailgate storage lid over the next few weeks as well.

All in all trying to design strong armor that is aesthetically pleasing has been fun and challenging for this 200. A few slider and bumper offerings have recently developed and come to market that are well "clunky" and simple looking at best for a 200 series. Maybe a few more years from now those will be the cats meow but from all the emails and correspondence I've received since I started this build... The consensus is that people want a strong product that blends and looks good on a 200, not an adapted product from a 20 year old design. I've tried to take these messages and the owners wants and make his products.

One of the great things about one-off builds is that as long as the customer is happy all the other comments, alternative products, etc... just don't matter.

J

Last edited:
I think the work you've done here is awesome. I can't wait to see the tail gate lids. A buddy with a 100 has one. It makes nice lockable storage.

One of the great things about one-off builds is that as long as the customer is happy all the other comments, alternative products, etc... just don't matter.
J

You tell 'em @reevesci!
6a0153924291c1970b017744788413970d.jpg

But seriously, @TonyP is one lucky guy.

Right place + Right time + Inattentive CRV Driver = Big things happening
Ok - dammit....I'm going to go out tomorrow and see if I can't find a CRV of my own to hit me! ;)

Ok - dammit....I'm going to go out tomorrow and see if I can't find a CRV of my own to hit me! ;)

Just drive around a high school at the end of the day and slam your brakes at every red light. One of those texting teens is bound to give you a new set of steel bumpers.

Not that that's what I did or anything :banana:

Just drive around a high school at the end of the day and slam your brakes at every red light. One of those texting teens is bound to give you a new set of steel bumpers.

Not that that's what I did or anything :banana:
Ha! I'm on it! So no need to disconnect the brake lights then, eh?

The design changes are not of my doing, Jason is just a perfectionist :)

Glad I could put that Rigid bar to use. It's been collecting dust in my storage unit for two years after I sold the 4Runner.

Well not sure if I'm a perfectionist or not, but on a first build things always change and when I build I see things that sketches/drawings can't replicate.

Trying to keep the front high and tight, while keeping soft lines is the goal.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom