Toyota red is dead (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The main ingredient in Toyota's coolant is actually ethylene glycol, but with additives and no silicates, best for an aluminum radiator and heads/block. It's OAT, Organic Acid technology per the engineers. In the end any coolant will work, yes. But I suggest going with what is recommended by the engineers that designed the vehicle you drive be it a Chevy, Toyota, etc. Those guys have done well by us so far....:D

The main ingredient in Toyota's coolant is actually ethylene glycol, but with additives and no silicates, best for an aluminum radiator and heads/block. It's OAT, Organic Acid technology per the engineers. In the end any coolant will work, yes. But I suggest going with what is recommended by the engineers that designed the vehicle you drive be it a Chevy, Toyota, etc. Those guys have done well by us so far....:D

OAT is quite common, even in the run of the mill Prestone or generic store brand.

69B73352-AC07-4360-9F69-8F5DEF2AFA97.jpeg

D77CCD4A-3B5D-457F-9E81-C15D2D6EAA17.jpeg

Last edited:
Amazon must be reading tour thread or their algorithms are picking up heavy searching on this coolant because it went from $34.99 yesterday to $51.99 today.

I hope its not dead. My Toyota dealer just convinced me to go back to it....at $26/gal.

I use toyota pink. It lasts a really long time.

I was told you dont want to run the "Pink" in older Toyots..Dealer said pink is for newer vehicles ...

The dealership in town no longer carries it either, and would have to order a pallet load from their fluid supplier.

The dealership 20 miles away still had it last time I checked, so I had one of my buddies there bring home a few for me (paid for of course).
Which one?

I was told you dont want to run the "Pink" in older Toyots..Dealer said pink is for newer vehicles ...
I think the pink is formulated to be easier on rubber, aluminum, and plastics. But it's hard on fipg and Toyota has a special fipg for fipg sealed junctions that will be in contact with the pink. But I haven't seen any issue so far using regular Toyota black silicone. That's just my experience though.

Why anyone would opt to not run green is beyond me. Exact same performance, available everywhere and significantly less cheaper. I am all for OEM/FSM jackoffing but there is absolutely 0 reason to use red when green is this proven.

Dry your tears and pull up your pants boys because red was dead along time ago and green is here to stay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom