Build - Time for LS swap... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice. So does Texas have any issue with motor swaps? Do you have to get it inspected or anything?

Still needs vehicle inspection but no emissions but you can put a newer engine into an older vehicle but not vice versa which is what most states are anyway. Some counties do emissions but even then if the vehicle is over the 24 year exemption, no emissions testing.

Nice. So does Texas have any issue with motor swaps? Do you have to get it inspected or anything?
He will have to get it inspected, but as long as it passes a visual (basically looking for cats) and emissions test, then he's fine. They aren't worried about what motor is in what vehicle, as long as it passes. And this is only in the higher populated counties that require emissions testing.

Thanks! Going to try find a shop this week to evacuate the AC system so I can yank the ol 3FE out. Was planning to do it this last weekend but I had weekend drill (a year left before I can retire from the guard). Also, It's just been damn hot here in Texas lately lol..
That's nice of you. I just pulled the line off the condenser and evacuated the ac in my garage.

That might be an option... lol
I've paid the local PepBoys $40 on a couple of occasions to evacuate the refrigerant from a couple of different vehicles.

He will have to get it inspected, but as long as it passes a visual (basically looking for cats) and emissions test, then he's fine. They aren't worried about what motor is in what vehicle, as long as it passes. And this is only in the higher populated counties that require emissions testing.

Exactly right... good thing no emissions here in San Antonio but then again, the vehicle is over 24 years so it'll be exempt even if I were in an emission testing county. I will still run two cats to help with the fumes though.

Exactly right... good thing no emissions here in San Antonio but then again, the vehicle is over 24 years so it'll be exempt even if I were in an emission testing county. I will still run two cats to help with the fumes though.
I thought it was 25. When I lived in Austin (5 years ago) we still had emissions tests. How is that that San Antonio doesn't?

I thought it was 25. When I lived in Austin (5 years ago) we still had emissions tests. How is that that San Antonio doesn't?

Dunno but according to DPS site it’s 24 and only 17 counties that do emissions testing.

43D52A61-D5CA-4B5E-A8E8-5B25083B398D.png

Sorry for such a hiatus. Working from home with a 1st grader and two younger ones makes it challenging to work on the rig. Here’s where I’m at..

Motor is in woohoo 🙌🏾. Power steering plumbed, just need to add clamps to low side line. I tried my hand at making some 6AN PTFE lines. We’ll see how it holds.

Need to modify the shifter and make a bracket but it doesn’t seem too difficult so long as I keep that distance from center to center 3.65” on the shifter arm.

Engine bay has been painted and firewall got the DEI gold treatment

Currently running fuel lines. Got a question though.... return hard line is smaller than 6AN... so did some of y’all run 6AN return all the way back from filter or run regular rubber line to hard line? I wanted to make it look nice while I’m in here.

image.jpg

Sorry for such a hiatus. Working from home with a 1st grader and two younger ones makes it challenging to work on the rig. Here’s where I’m at..

Motor is in woohoo 🙌🏾. Power steering plumbed, just need to add clamps to low side line. I tried my hand at making some 6AN PTFE lines. We’ll see how it holds.

Need to modify the shifter and make a bracket but it doesn’t seem too difficult so long as I keep that distance from center to center 3.65” on the shifter arm.

Engine bay has been painted and firewall got the DEI gold treatment

Currently running fuel lines. Got a question though.... return hard line is smaller than 6AN... so did some of y’all run 6AN return all the way back from filter or run regular rubber line to hard line? I wanted to make it look nice while I’m in here.

View attachment 2632167
I ran -4 for the return line.

Also, as a heads up... I much prefer the placement of the Gen 4 upper water neck. It puts the rad hose way out of the way of the intake piping.

Thanks for the tip. New water pump setup came in and on the engine. Like the output much better. Had to order a new thermostat housing and thermostat... although they look very similar, it’s a very small difference in the mounting holes of the thermostat housing.
part number?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom