Three on the Tree Shifter Linkage Replacement Parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After fussing with the plastic spherical bushing, replacing several times, gave up and installed an aluminum bushing with a grease fitting. If that end of shift rod is loose, you cans make up the slack in the rest of the linkage.

View attachment 3454906
This is the original bushing, look close you can see the gap between the shift shaft and the bushing.

View attachment 3454907

New Aluminum bushing.

View attachment 3454908

Installed….with grease fitting….nice and snug.
Good tech on the heim joints for the linkage.

Curious if you have more pics of whats going on at the end of your steering column? Are you running saginaw or FJ60/80 box?

Good tech on the heim joints for the linkage.

Curious if you have more pics of whats going on at the end of your steering column? Are you running saginaw or FJ60/80 box?
I run a Saginaw….we cut and gutted the original 40 box just so I had the mount for the steering column and column. The steeling shaft is coupled at the old box….through a ‘slip joint’ steering shaft through the front cross member.

Fit after welding.jpeg

Pipe and patch.jpeg

Lower column support tested.jpeg

Im curious about the spherical rod ends and whether anyone has a part number for those. Where did you source those and is there a thread size? I’ve seen them available lots of places but it seems there are different sizes.

Google up Spherical Rod ends. If I remember correctly 8 mm, left and right threaded with 8mm stud in the ball end.

There was one ball and socket left in my column shift linkage…I think it was the low, reverse / 2, 3 selector arm on top of the transmission….can’t remember why we left that, clearance issue I think.

And I think we shortened one of the rods. The spherical rod ends are a bit longer than the original ball and sockets.

But you can make it work. And remove the slip from worn original piece parts….it won’t shift like a Porsche, but you’ll find the gears first try (lol).

I also got a complete ‘extra’ column shift assembly from cruiser parts.net, came with steering column, shift column, all of the lever bits at the end of the column, the bell crank and all of the linkage rods…..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom