Three on the Tree Shifter Linkage Replacement Parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hogan

Three on the Tree
SILVER Star
Threads
Does anyone make replacement ends for the shift linkage? Thanks

Way back in the day I made new bushing for the Chevy linkages out of: brass, Delrin and or neoprene.

which ends are you specifically after? Toyota still makes several of them.

I need the ball/socket end nearest the header. There is probably a much better description but I don’t know it.

Watching this thread with interest

which ends are you specifically after? Toyota still makes several of them.
I think a few of them, I haven't dove into it yet winter project. I've been doing a few searches on the interwebs w/o any luck. Are you saying just go to the dealer and they should be able to hook me up? Awesome

Stealership still sells them, yes (RH-thread for certain). I bought several last year around $18-20 each

Toyota 33750-35011​

End Assembly, Connecting Rod
1969-1975 Toyota Land Cruiser 3375035011

Toyota 33740-35011​

End Assembly, Connecting Rod
1969-1986 Toyota Land Cruiser 3374035011

shifter linkage ends rh 33740-35011/ lh 33750-35011 Remember one is Left hand threaded and the rest are RH.
Awesome thanks found those parts one line thanks

Awesome thanks found those parts one line thanks

I also sell Toyota parts if you want to buy them from me... $23.50 for either part #

I also sell Toyota parts if you want to buy them from me... $23.50 for either part #
I was wondering about that. I'll let you know ok.

In this diagram (please remove if not allowed) I'm looking for 2 AA's, 2 U's and one W. The W worries me does anyone have a part number for that?

20231013_142709.jpg

When I rebuild mine, I purchased 2 LH (U) and the rest RH thread. I discovered they were LH after I twisted it the wrong way. You have the part numbers as stated previously.

And as for "W", I just rebooted it with new boots from the extra new RH-connecting rod ends I ordered ("W" is NLA-Toyota 33730-60021 Rod, Gear Shifting 1969-1973 Toyota Land Cruiser 3373060021)

Last edited:
After fussing with the plastic spherical bushing, replacing several times, gave up and installed an aluminum bushing with a grease fitting. If that end of shift rod is loose, you cans make up the slack in the rest of the linkage.

IMG_2195.jpeg

This is the original bushing, look close you can see the gap between the shift shaft and the bushing.

IMG_2199.jpeg

New Aluminum bushing.

IMG_2203.jpeg

Installed….with grease fitting….nice and snug.

When I rebuild mine, I purchased 2 LH (U) and the rest RH thread. I discovered they were LH after I twisted it the wrong way. You have the part numbers as stated previously. And as for "W", I just rebooted it with new boots from the extra new RH-connecting rod ends I ordered ("W" is NLA)
I just looked at the W I have on the LC. I f I remember correctly I took it off my parts truck and installed it because the existing one was way more used up.

I looked at the linkage I took off my parts LC same year as mine. It has two right hand and at least one left hand for sure. The forth one doesn't have any tread showing so I'd be guessing left hand.

As far as the ball and socket rod ends, all replaced with spherical rod ends…with grease fittings….look at bottom picture, the rod end on the column linkage. No slack, no slop, direct shifts.
I had thought about using those, but wasn't sure how to figure out what I would need.

You guys are awesome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom