Builds this is my 80 series expedition build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

my step is all done , painted with POR 15 and finished with 3M 08864 rubberized coating

My sliders are looking pretty poorly these days. I have had them about 10 years and rocks will do a number on them. How much did you use and how did you apply it, from an Aerosol Can or from a spray gun?

just did my simple ceiling storage shelving 4'x22" just took screwdriver and made hole so bolt can go thru and bolted it in holes where handle goes

IMG_1213_zpscvdgyqwl.jpg

IMG_1208_zpsqvngvowc.jpg

IMG_1213_zpscvdgyqwl.jpg
a>
Where did you get your attic storage rack from? Just a random department store?

Did you finish your v8 swap?

My sliders are looking pretty poorly these days. I have had them about 10 years and rocks will do a number on them. How much did you use and how did you apply it, from an Aerosol Can or from a spray gun?
i did 3 coats off 3M 08864 and used almost whole 30 oz. bottle i do not know if this stuff comes in aerosol can i have special spray gun for applying this product same gun can be used for something like FLUID FILM coating ...
Where did you get your attic storage rack from? Just a random department store?
it is just bottom off shelving i had laying around you can find similar stuff in menards

Did you finish your v8 swap?
i did finis my swap 100 % and took the car two times to baja california , first time wisconsin to cabo san lucas baja california and second time half the way off the baja and whole west coast off USA so far only one hose camp come loss on fuel line no other problems at all

Awesome build man. Keep it coming. Anything that you ran into while doing your swap that you could give some guidance on? Did you keep your stock tcase? What trans did you end up using? Stand alone ecu?

Awesome build man. Keep it coming. Anything that you ran into while doing your swap that you could give some guidance on? Did you keep your stock tcase? What trans did you end up using? Stand alone ecu?
don't know on which part you need guidance , stock t case 2007 5.3 truck engine with OEM ECU deleted DOD system ,rear o2 sensors VATS also deleted and bunch other stuff
some info 2007 5.3L ls in 1991 80 series

As said by others great build and road tested !
Any chance you have info on the compression latches you used on the tail gate lid ?
They appear to be pretty compact
TIA

IIRC that fuel pump for the Webasto heater likes to be level to work best.

Just found your thread. Awesome work! I like that you build what you need instead of buying it. I look forward to seeing whats next.
thanks
there is no way i will buy something and knowing i can make it myself i even painted the hood by myself , first time ever painting car parts and it turned out really good you can't tell the difference between hood paint job and rest of the car

this heater is not made by webasto it is made by ESPAR and preferable angle off the pump installation is angle 15-35 degree
That’s funny, looks identical. Probably is the same part, just different policy depending on company.
I’m way too OCD most of the time.

That’s funny, looks identical. Probably is the same part, just different policy depending on company.
I’m way too OCD most of the time.
i also have webasto heater and it is bit different on outside but internal parts and fuel pump r totally different
i like espar better easy and more parts to find and it is really simple made vs webasto some webasto parts you cant even find in usa i must order parts from russia most of time

I got to get me one of those then. Should keep condensation to a minimum too

homemade roof rack ladder
it is removable , works perfectly
Nice, like that, unusual to see it on a "tilt" ; any issues there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom