They're still out there... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This was unearthed during the week - purchased from a farm clearance auction and then advertised more widely for 20k AUD and snapped up pretty quickly. I was too slow....
Believe it's heading to the US....

BJ.jpg

CRAP...that would look so sexy in my driveway.

That just makes me smile!

they do exist! now a history question. it is a BJ but has 6 cylinders?

I'm checking every update on this thread waiting for someone that says "I bought it". Dreamfind. Looks to be in very good condition and complete. Hope they dont restore, but keep it as it is. And drive it.

About the engine, from wikipedia:

Type B

The 3,386 cc (3.4 L; 206.6 cu in) Type B was produced from 1937 through 1955 as a more technically advanced version of the Type A. The design was based on theChevrolet 207 engine, and built under license but with metric dimensions and minor revisions to suit the local market. It had a four-bearing crank and shaft-mounted rocker arms, as did the Chevrolet engine.

The Type B was succeeded by the similar 3.9 L Type F in 1955. The Type F is based on the larger G.M.C. 1939-63 L6 OHV engine in the same way that the Type A and Type B were based on the Chevrolet engines of their times.

An unrelated 4-cylinder diesel engine introduced in the 1970s was also called the Type B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom