They're still out there... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wonder how many of these are in the US or even still around in the world?

This would be the only know specimen that I am aware of in the U.S. Perhaps a half dozen around the globe?

This would be the only know specimen that I am aware of in the U.S. Perhaps a half dozen around the globe?
someone had seen a black one in california a year or so ago, i want to say it was stacie albright that had sent me the pictures. and i think marv had one . i'll have to look through my photos file

Thats really cool, I want one. That one looks like it has most of the missing pieces that most FJ25/40/45 are missing. Here is Marvs BJ truck

Screen Shot 2016-10-11 at 10.23.04 AM.png

My guess is @cruiseroutfit or Greg Miller. @cruiserdan its ok to tell us- we will still be surprised when it complete or shows up in the Museum. :)

Any chance there were more pics in the original auction or sale postings?
Thx,
Jason

I've been away from the 25 section way too long lol

Nice!!!

I am intrigued by the vin

It was a made for export truck that's for sure... built in 55'

Only 85 were exported in 55' and was the first large export year... as previous years were only sold 1 per year for export

The vin # shows 3108

But by 55' only 1340 produced total by then... was probably manufactured in 55 export sold/shipped in 56'

Would have definitely been built in 55' because they started putting the F in the cruisers in 11/55' so this is pre 11/55

I would have to check my literature to see if they offered F or B at the same time ... can't recall if they did or not

Typical of back then they started vins at 1000 (at least what we had seen so far)

So this was the 2108th one made and would have been marketed as a "Land Cruiser" as we all know 6/24/54 was when they changed from Toyota Bj to Toyota Land Cruiser because they stopped using Jeep by the end of 53'

Btw Steve aka @owensexport has a good friend with one

Checked and looks like they did offer the F and B at the same time in different models

I got several good shots of some here:

Toyota "BJ" Jeep Thread

I would LOVE to have one as well ... however ... I know I'd be a dumb ARSE and drive it as my DD :meh:

Last edited:
My guess is @cruiseroutfit or Greg Miller. @cruiserdan its ok to tell us- we will still be surprised when it complete or shows up in the Museum. :)

We had a verbal agreement to buy with people and funds on the ground hours away from him. The seller backed out after he agreed. I do not know who scooped it out from under us.

Needless to say we are very disappointed in the outcome. It really, really, belonged in the museum. I'm very sad.

We had a verbal agreement to buy with people and funds on the ground hours away from him. The seller backed out after he agreed. I do not know who scooped it out from under us.

Needless to say we are very disappointed in the outcome. It really, really, belonged in the museum. I'm very sad.

Oh no, that is disappointing for sure. May be seller found this forum and realized ............! Bugger. Is it still in OZ?

At this time we do not know the whereabouts. It is likely a Flipper got a hold of it and it will now be out of reach.

The museum is non profit, admission is free. We do not have unlimited funding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom