Builds The Green Bastard (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Impressed with the testing rigor!

Did you swap in an all new distributor or just the rotor/cap plus cleaning existing internals?

For me, cold starts are jamming but she does finally start, and am trying to estimate the difference between the two jobs. Thanks!

Impressed with the testing rigor!

Did you swap in an all new distributor or just the rotor/cap plus cleaning existing internals?

For me, cold starts are jamming but she does finally start, and am trying to estimate the difference between the two jobs. Thanks!
I went with a new distributor, and glad I did, when I pulled the old distributor, the PO had done some work to stop oil leaking by slathering the distributor with black gasket material, and the exterior of it was pretty caked with gray gasket material too.

If I can find internal parts, I will re-furbish this distributor, and keep it as a spare.

what a PITA inspections are.
first place says "your taillights have to be red"
2nd place says "you have an exhaust leak, and blah blah blah that is part of safety, not emissions"

I have globbed up the y pipe with JB weld hitemp, and will test the winds of fate tomorrow

what a PITA inspections are.
first place says "your taillights have to be red"
2nd place says "you have an exhaust leak, and blah blah blah that is part of safety, not emissions"

I have globbed up the y pipe with JB weld hitemp, and will test the winds of fate tomorrow
You might have to find a guy that knows a guy 😉

do you need a y pipe?

if you want to stop by it's not perfect but solid. it is a magnaflow will need flange between the cats ( mine was welded single cat).

if you want to stop by it's not perfect but solid. it is a magnaflow will need flange between the cats ( mine was welded single cat).
He has a 97 with a single cat.

Yeap

1705544363868.png

I have been keeping my 3d printer busy :D

Going to be making a few versions of that bracket for the cup holder insert (most likely a heatset version that can be used for ram mounts), and then releasing the printable files for free :D

Progress has started on making a ashtray bracket as well

Annnnnnnnnd we are back.
Was able to find a pan on MUD, someone was swapping their transmission out, and agreed to swap pans with me.

Installed it Saturday, and just filled it up today, will give it a look over tomorrow, and then drive it around a little bit.

Hopefully I did a good enough job sealing that pan (followed the directions on the tube) would like to not have to deal with that again o_O

View attachment 3535747
I have been keeping my 3d printer busy :D

Going to be making a few versions of that bracket for the cup holder insert (most likely a heatset version that can be used for ram mounts), and then releasing the printable files for free :D

Progress has started on making a ashtray bracket as well
Do you know when you might be releasing these files?

The bracket for the top cup holder and the ashtray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom