The definitive, "Found a good deal on CL" thread (36 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And I thought my high profile rig was a little twitchy

FYI to the future owner, front diff is not a D60 as stated :rolleyes:
Seller does NOT know if it has lockers in both, or only one, axle. He also does not know what gear ratio is in the diffs to pull those 37"s under that nice high wind sucking profile. John

And I thought my high profile rig was a little twitchy

FYI to the future owner, front diff is not a D60 as stated :rolleyes:
It looks like a 60 to me. If it's not what is it (not mocking, I don't know much about axle identification)?
First picture is the front pumpkin from the FJ ad
FJd60.jpg
dana60header_0.jpg

FJd60.jpg

dana60header_0.jpg

It looks like a 60 to me. If it's not what is it (not mocking, I don't know much about axle identification)?
First picture is the front pumpkin from the FJ ad

Hmmm may be I'm under the false notion that a D60 has more cover bolts than a D44. I figured the one in the rear must be because of all the bolts. After further investigation I would say its a GM 14 bolt in back (3/4 ton). And hard to say in front. In any case they don't match.

That sa FJ looks Ok but I seriously can't figure out why they would have done all that work and not put an aftermarket t-case in . It looks stock to me . It also looks like the link system in the rear is a little short. The fact that they didn't move the gas tank tells me they used almost stock link locations, which will not give to good articulation.

It does appear to have a front and rear locker, if I am making sense of the new buttons added in the center console.

This isn't a bad price at all for a conversion, but it would have to looked over really good to see how it was put together, plus it would need to be lowered some.

I am not as good at axle identification though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom