The canal boat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any idea what length your sensor was? I'm eying the same fitting from Radd Cruisers and a 0.87" sensor (standard 1/8" VDO apparently). Trying to figure out if I'll need/want the male-to-female adapter as a spacer or not. A bit hard to tell from the photo.

I don't remember. And I'm on vacation. I'll measure it Sunday when I get back.

The adapter worked perfect for me. I'll post a picture of the penetration of the sensor too.

Mar 3

Dave and I have cleared most of the issues. The bumper should be back to him from powder coat Friday.
That’s not to bad. I ordered a front and rear bumper from Dissent on March 11. They have finished powder coating and are now sitting in shipping waiting on a part for the swing arm because of supply chain issues.

That’s not to bad. I ordered a front and rear bumper from Dissent on March 11. They have finished powder coating and are now sitting in shipping waiting on a part for the swing arm because of supply chain issues.

The time frame isn't the issue

He told me 12 weeks. He repeated 12 weeks ever week of the process. At 12 weeks he wouldn't give me anything other than "I'll look into it" and then it would be another week with nothing.

This also wasn't supply chain issues. Dave basically said "I don't know why it's late"

The time frame isn't the issue

He told me 12 weeks. He repeated 12 weeks ever week of the process. At 12 weeks he wouldn't give me anything other than "I'll look into it" and then it would be another week with nothing.

This also wasn't supply chain issues. Dave basically said "I don't know why it's late"
Prolly fell through cracks. Dave may have a lot of things going on, but thats why they need to have some type of process in place with some checks and balances so you eliminate the single point of failure and errors or mistakes are caught. Filip at Dissent has been really good with comms and status updates, but who knows could be total BS like in your case. You never really know until ships or get some pics.

Prolly fell through cracks. Dave may have a lot of things going on, but thats why they need to have some type of process in place with some checks and balances so you eliminate the single point of failure and errors or mistakes are caught. Filip at Dissent has been really good with comms and status updates, but who knows could be total BS like in your case. You never really know until ships or get some pics.

Thats why I said dave and ironed some things out. He admitted that it was just not done. no excuse. offered me his bumper or a refund, or wait on mine with a timeline he provided. I don't want to take his bumper and I really don't like any other bumpers on the market. the dissent is ok, but I really like this one. I should have my bumper end of next week or early the following.

front. I had a fender bender and needed a bumper. I really don't see myself getting a rear for a while. Other than a spare tire I don't see myself needing one.

Any idea what length your sensor was? I'm eying the same fitting from Radd Cruisers and a 0.87" sensor (standard 1/8" VDO apparently). Trying to figure out if I'll need/want the male-to-female adapter as a spacer or not. A bit hard to tell from the photo.

So here's what I have

The sensor is 14mm long
20220712_193323.jpg

The sensor and threads is 21mm
20220712_193428.jpg

The threader hole on the sensor is about 9mm
20220712_193151.jpg

20220712_193135.jpg

Thanks @Dusten. This is perfect. Looks like the sensor I ordered is the same length, looks like you have plenty of space for coolant to flow.

Are you putting the sensor in the hot line from the converter?

That will be an exciting gauge to watch. I’d put a sensor in the pan as well for a basic reference as to internal trans temps.

That will be an exciting gauge to watch. I’d put a sensor in the pan as well for a basic reference as to internal trans temps.

I am not running two trans temps gauges nor am I dropping the pan to weld in a sensor.
From all my reading with this cooler the gauge should be fine.

Installed the cooler, new union for the temp sender, fabbed and installed new lines with some temp brackets until I'm sure everything is right, wired and installed the temp gauge, and then took it for a drive to verify no leaks and the gauge worked.
Also topped it off with fluid.

Old cooler
20220713_065632.jpg

The remains of the factory hard lines
20220713_094323.jpg

The new union, it's a tight tight fit, but it all clears.
20220713_095442.jpg

New cooler installed
20220713_111004.jpg

Couple of tips.
Pull the skid plate and front driveline.
The stock union won't come out with the stock sensor in it. So loosen the union to get an angle on the sensor and remove it.

I didn't like how the stock lines ran. So I quick fabbed a few metal plates to zip tie the lines too until I can get some clamps .
20220713_111138.jpg

20220713_111158.jpg

20220713_124744.jpg

Now... Hopefully my bumper is here soon.

Dave has COVID. So he's out and doesn't know if it's even back from powder coat.

Drove to work. It's about 3 miles to the highway, 18 miles of highway and another 3 of city streets to work.

Saw 135 by the freeway and 155* at work.

From reading the Aussie forums 60-80c is normal with a big cooler fitted and that's 140-176* in American....

So I'm right in the middle of the temp range.

Got home from work, temp gauge said 155*
Shot the pan with a thermometer it read 121*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom