Builds The Architect's '77 FJ40 (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My OEM tool bag needed some help.....the zipper came totally apart, as seen below.

IMG_8661.JPG
IMG_8659.JPG

IMG_8662.JPG

So, I bought a #10 zipper...

IMG_8663.JPG

Whoa....it went from tan to green! That’s some special zipper.

Didn't even realize it. Goes to show how things look under the natural Sun light vs the LED of my office. Rest assured, it's the same green tool bag.

Just got through all 93 pages of this build thread.

Congratulations on a fine looking truck and truly outstanding quality work. It's not often I find someone more OCD about the details than I am, but surgeons and architects tend to have that in common in a good way. Learning a lot and very much appreciate the detailed step by step on items like the door rebuild, etc.

I never really like this Sthil chainsaw filter for my upgraded FJ60 dizzy venting system in my engine bay.

BHVZ0897.JPG

So thanks to @Splangy , I installed this last night.

IMG_8967.JPG

IMG_8969.JPG

IMG_8972.JPG

IMG_8973.JPG

Man, I hated drilling those three new holes in my firewall....but I do like the results. So like they say, the end justifies the means.

I was reading through your thread on your snipper journey. I was looking at purchasing the Mosley setup for my 2F.

Was it worth it? Did you see significant performance changes?

Thanks.

I was reading through your thread on your snipper journey. I was looking at purchasing the Mosley setup for my 2F.

Was it worth it? Did you see significant performance changes?

Thanks.

Brother, if you were close by, I'd more than be happy to let you take my 40 out for a spin to see for yourself. The power performance is very noticeable right off the bat.

Was it worth it? To me it was. I drive mine most days and it performs similar to my Tacoma. Summer time hot starts, no problem.

I haven't researched the Sniper 2GC Large Bore unit much, @thecrazygreek has a thread about it, but seems to be a viable option as well.

I doubt that is a vapor issue due to heat, because once I could get the engine above 160 degrees, the 2F performed just fine. The stalling while coming to a stop problem only occurred from an initial 'Cold Start' until the engine reached 160 degrees.

Every time I talked with Holley, one question they always asked, "What was the fuel pressure at the carb?" The last conversation with them, before the C19, they said I either had an exhaust leak or fuel pressure issue. Knowing that I don't have an exhaust leak, it had to be with fuel pressure. I don't have a gauge, so I don't know the pressure at the carb......However, what I did know, is that my Sniper ran good before the installation of the "Corvette Filter/Regulator". With my hillbilly deductive reasoning, I figured that filter combo was messing up the pressure somehow. Note, the Sniper system I installed was designed to run with a supply line, and a fuel return line. So I plumb'd it up per their design, and it works better now.

Take this with a grain of salt: So, does that mean the "Corvette Filter/Regulator" is a bad option? The answer is; "I don't know." But what I do know, that specific unit didn't work for my application, or it is my lack of knowledge knowing how to program the Sniper to overcome the problem.
Hi @GA Architect , any chance you could share your EFI program? I am having the same issue with my Sniper 2300. I am having the same issue on "before 160 F, stall out at stop signs" and would like to try starting from a known good program.

Hi @GA Architect , any chance you could share your EFI program? I am having the same issue with my Sniper 2300. I am having the same issue on "before 160 F, stall out at stop signs" and would like to try starting from a known good program.
G - The ECM on my original Sniper went bad and Holley sent me a totally new unit. I run the standard initial setup for the 2F engine, and I haven't deviated from those setting at this time. I will say, before it warms up, using the engine brake can make it stall once you press in the clutch. Not sure what the cure is for that.

G - The ECM on my original Sniper went bad and Holley sent me a totally new unit. I run the standard initial setup for the 2F engine, and I haven't deviated from those setting at this time. I will say, before it warms up, using the engine brake can make it stall once you press in the clutch. Not sure what the cure is for that.
It’s a weird one for sure. I have one that does it. None of the others do it. Program is the same. I just live with it

It’s a weird one for sure. I have one that does it. None of the others do it. Program is the same. I just live with it
Mine has done it one time in 4 years and not again

Thanks @GA Architect ! I hooked up to the unit via laptop and have tried tweaking things. Still gives me grief... 😫. I will keep hacking at this and let the group know if/when it stops. Overall, I love the Holley set up. I need to find a way to quiet the fuel pump, but other than that it is great to have mo-power and consistent starts!

Thanks @GA Architect ! I hooked up to the unit via laptop and have tried tweaking things. Still gives me grief... 😫. I will keep hacking at this and let the group know if/when it stops. Overall, I love the Holley set up. I need to find a way to quiet the fuel pump, but other than that it is great to have mo-power and consistent starts!
I am better smoother, more responsive power as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom